Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Crimson But Not Crimson

"Blush-ing Florals"--Wednesday, 8/24/16

I'm not sure whether I'm more inspired by this spring 2013 pastel outfit or the fact that she dressed up her baby girl in an insanely cute tutu outfit.  Well, I don't have a tutu so I guess I'll stick with mama's outfit.

From annasaccone.com

I liked the combination of the light pink with a light brown (though I went darker than the beige in the photo--my beige skirt and I parted ways when I realized that I didn't need both a beige linen skirt and a light brown linen skirt, and the light brown one seems more versatile in color and shape).


Light pink short-sleeved cardigan (thrifted, JCP), $1.50/wear
Light brown skirt (thrifted, Ann Taylor), $0.83/wear
Beige/lavender/peach floral top (Eddie Bauer), $2.50/wear
Brown flats by Frye, $5.84/wear
White/brown bead necklace by RB

Outfit total: $10.67/wear

As usual, I had to go with something with a more saturated pastel palette for a shirt (though I liked the texture of her light colored top), and this floral graphic T with a background shade that matches the skirt is an obvious choice.  I wasn't immediately sold on the light pink with these brighter hues but in the end, I was satisfied that the colors went together well enough.


On this mini lop, you can really see the agouti fur--how each hair has bands of different colors, giving that overall speckled "wild rabbit coat" look. 


In other news...Last night I finished Crimson Shore, the most recent of Preston and Child's Pendergast novels.  Whoa.  Like seriously, WTF?  But I mean that in a good way.  Unlike many customer reviewers who thought that the last third of the story seemed forced and superfluous, I think it's pretty clear how it's setting up the next stage of the "who is dead, who is back from the seemingly dead" ongoing story line of the series.  Regardless of its plot relevance, that whole Sherlock Holmes/arcane mysteries/monster movie mashup goes down a treat for me.  Cannot. Get. Enough.

I have requested a few more library books, this time asking for them to be kept in the "tunnel locker," which apparently is an after-hours location outside the central library.  It sounds like a place in Fallout, but hopefully I will not have to fight off bandits, super mutants, or mirelurks to get my books!

No comments: