Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Tired, Blah

"The Floral Whimsy Overlord"--Tuesday, 8/16/16

In this Reverse Inspiration, the stylists at Ann Taylor think that a floral blouse adds a "touch of whimsy" to this work outfit.  These people do not know from whimsy!

From anntaylor.com

A floral blouse + a floral necklace--now that starts to get a little whimsical.


Black/pink/coral floral short-sleeved blouse (212/Kohls), $4.00/wear
Black shutter fold skirt (JCP), $1.81/wear
Light pink short-sleeved cardigan (thrifted, JCP), $2.25/wear
Nude wedges by Cole Haan, $7.49/wear
Black and white floral necklace (Target), $1.67/wear

Outfit total: $17.22/wear

"The ribbed cardigan and shutter fold skirt add a touch of textural interest to this wear-to-work look."  I am glad it's not my job to write marketing copy about clothes.  I mean, I write about clothes on this blog, but no one expects a level of professionalism or particularly high quality description, you know?  I think that's a job that seems pretty easy for about the first dozen outfits you write about, but then it gets a lot harder as you try to develop novel content.


Remember how I talked about how the "blush" color can be creepily similar to a pale skin color?  This cardigan is getting very close to that disturbingly skin-like shade--I would prefer it to be a bit more clearly pink.  It's kind of funny that the light pink cardigan matches my skin color better than the "nude" (too beige) shoes do.

In other news...Last night I managed to bike and cook some veg for today's lunch before going to bed and having trouble sleeping.  Today I'm a zombie but at least I have exercised legs and a full lunch.

No comments: