Thursday, August 25, 2016

4H Bunnies

"Maximum Awesome"--Thursday, 8/25/16

It was the color combination that really drew me to this outfit...but then I decided that I have worn the navy + red (even navy + red + aqua) a lot lately and took it in a slightly different direction.

From looplooks.net

A more matchy-matchy direction with this black blouse with red (and other color) polka dots.


Red pencil skirt (JCP), $2.97/wear
Black blouse with red/burgundy/white polka dots (thrifted, Notations), $2.62/wear
White Rabbit pocket watch pendant (Zad), $2.93/wear
Leopard flats (Nordstrom), $2.38/wear

Outfit total: $10.90/wear

This is about as simple as it gets, but I do like the leopard print shoes with the red and polka dots...and wearing the White Rabbit pendant gets you an automatic +10 bonus to your Awesome stat.


More pattern mixing fun with a Champagne d'Argent and an English Spot.  I've made this something of an unintended Throwback Thursday because these are both domesticated rabbit breeds that have been around for a long time.  The d'Argent has a documented history back to 1631, and the English spot was a common breed in that country by the mid 1800s.  These are both older than Lewis Carroll's White Rabbit, born on the Thames River near Oxford in July 1862.
 

In other news...Tomorrow morning we are headed to the fair for the 4H rabbit show!  24 hours from now I expect to be flopped out, allergened out, and...well, not bunnied out, but adequately rabbited for the nonce.

Last night I charged all my camera batteries (4) so I can thoroughly document the display of lovely lagomorphs.

I hope the weather forecast holds.  Clear and a high of 75 F sounds really good to me!

2 comments:

mom said...

The front bunny looks blue. Is it just the lighting?

Sally said...

It's a grey rabbit, but some "grey" rabbits are technically called "blue" (dilute black = blue). I think the lighting is making this one look bluer than it really is, though.