Saturday, August 27, 2016

Tunnel Lockers

"Look Ma, No Tights"--Saturday, 8/27/16

Oh, Los Angeles, you strange place where people can dress this way the week before Christmas.  (Though with a teal faux fur stole in some of the photos.)

From hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com

Speaking of which, do you find it weird that two of the main female characters on Big Bang Theory--Amy and Bernadette--almost always wear tights, despite living in LA?  How can they tolerate the heat?

From pinterest.com

Anyway, I am enjoying not wearing tights with this simple white top + floral skirt + gold flats outfit of my own.


Beige/orange/green floral skort (thrifted, Walmart), $0.44/wear
White Rabbit graphic tank (Disney Alice/Kohls), $6.00/wear
White short-sleeved cardigan (Nordstrom), $1.42/wear
Gold flats (Nordstrom), $2.17/wear
Gold fish charm necklace (Ann Taylor), $2.90/wear

Outfit total: $12.93/wear

Alice in Wonderland themed rabbit comic fun from Regarding the Secret Life of Rabbits.


In other news...Today Robert and I went to the library to pick up books from the "tunnel lockers."  It's an odd thing--right there from the sidewalk you go down a set of stairs (which gives you that Fallout subway entrance feeling) into a tunnel where you kill the radroaches and molerats use your library card to open a locker.  You swipe your card or enter the last digits of your bar code into the keypad and a locker door swings open (which is so reminiscent of certain scenes in Skyrim).

We ran into a problem because despite having gotten an email telling me I had 5 books, there was only 1 book in the locker.  It took two library staff and a bit of time for them to figure out that my books had been put into 2 different lockers (because they arrived from branch libraries on different days).  I had wondered whether that was the case and had intentionally entered my bar code a second time to see if a second locker opened, to no avail.  Apparently I shouldn't have been assigned two lockers in the first place--their standard practice is to check that a person doesn't already have a locker before assigning a new one--and furthermore, my bar code should have opened both lockers together the first time it was entered.  So that was weird.  But I eventually did get my books. 

Otherwise I pretty much spent the day editing rabbit photos, reading one of those books, playing Make 7 on my phone, and generally lying around moping about how my gum is more sore today than it was yesterday.

No comments: