Sunday, August 14, 2016

Running Hot and Cold

"Inappropriate Juxtapositions in Wonderland"--Sunday, 8/14/16

Sometimes even I just want to wear some clothes and be done with it.  Patterned top + black skirt + floral flats + necklace = good to go.

From alabouroflife.com

It's summer and the living is easy--and apparently it's got a colorful 70s style owl scaring the fuck out of the White Rabbit.  That sounds about right.  Because in my world, "easy" doesn't meant "not fraught with anxiety and impending doom."


Black woven hiking skirt (thrifted, Columbia), $1.67/wear
White Rabbit tank (Disney Alice/Kohls), $8.00/wear
Silver/bright bead owl pendant (Kohls), $4.67/wear
Black floral flats (Payless), $1.30/wear
Not pictured: Aqua short-sleeved cardigan (thrifted, Loft), $1.00/wear

Outfit total: $16.64/wear

In other news...Yesterday afternoon, I started feeling achy, tired, and a bit feverish, so Robert and I decided not to try to go birding today.  It's just as well--while Robert was cooking breakfast at about 8:45, I decided to go out on the balcony and check the temperature, just out of curiosity.  But the sun was so ferociously hot that I didn't even make it through the door before being hit with this tremendous wave of unpleasant heat.  Warm and extremely sunny is NOT a good combination for birding--you can't really bird very well in sunglasses, and it was too sunny for a ball cap to even begin to be adequate.  It's a rare outing in extreme sun that doesn't result in both of us coming home with headaches, so it is generally not worth it to try, especially if it's warm on top of that.  The birds will stay hidden in their shady trees, away from the onslaught of the sun.  So we stayed in, too.

But I do continue to have that weird body temperature thing I associate with being sick--I can't decide if it's too warm or too cold inside.  I keep fluctuating between these two positions, rarely settling into the "comfortable" zone for any length of time.

Today I've started reading Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead.

No comments: