Monday, August 29, 2016

All the Rabbits

"The Devout Hatter"--Sunday, 8/26/16

I enjoyed reading the story behind this blogger's first big purchase for herself--a Native American created turquoise ring purchased at a pow-wow, bought with money from a crappy telesurvey job.  (The ring is gorgeous!)  My outfit is, sadly, not going to have a lovely piece of handcrafted Native jewelry, but I am on the blue sleeveless top + black bottoms + black and white scarf formula.

From kateintheclassroom.com

And in my case, how can that scarf not be Alice (handcrafted by a nerdy vendor on Etsy)?  It feels a bit strange and a bit apropos to be wearing the scarf in the style of a liturgical stole.


Black knit hiking skirt (Patagonia/REI), $3.00/wear
Light blue Hatter tank (Disney Alice/Kohls), $8.00/wear
Alice scarf (NerdAlertCreations), $5.00/wear
Medium blue flats by Sofft, $3.88/wear

Outfit total: $19.88/wear

I loved this rabbit costume comic from Regarding the Secret Life of Rabbits.


In other news...I did not manage to post this last night because after spending hours editing rabbit photos (374 in all!), I was practically blind and had to get myself off the computer.  Instead I spent the remainder of my evening finishing up the stellar Hard Light, the third (I hope not final) book in the Cass Neary series by Elizabeth Hand (an outstanding modern noir series).

I was almost disappointed to finish the book last night, but today I am starting Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, of which I have great hopes.

No comments: