Friday, August 12, 2016

Coordination of Clothes and Projects

Let Your Scarf Tell You What to Wear--Friday, 8/12/16

OK, this Reverse Inspiration outfit from last year isn't a super great match, but the combination of dark denim, coral top, and beige topper is relevant.

From polycore.com

It all started with this lovely scarf I purchased at Goodwill earlier in the summer.  I thought both the pattern and the colors were gorgeous, and I didn't even think about what I would wear it with, other than to recognize that I own other coral-colored things.


Coral top (Nordstrom), $6.50/wear
Beige blazer (Nordstrom), $3.93/wear
Denim skirt (thrifted, Great Northwest Indigo), $0.31/wear
Medium blue flats by Sofft, $4.11/wear
*Coral/beige/blue floral scarf (thrifted), $5.99/wear

Outfit total: $20.84/wear

But one of the helpful things about a great scarf is that it will tell you what to wear with it.  I obviously just needed to assemble a seasonally-appropriate mix of solid items in the colors coral, beige, and blue.  Add dark blue denim (which even matches the darker blue in the scarf) and you're good to go!


I had to admit to Robert that I couldn't decide whether it was a little scary (in terms of what it suggests about the size of my wardrobe) how easy it was to come up with garments in each of the colors of the scarf, or whether it was just demonstrated that I know what I like.  Maybe a bit of both.

Also wearing a coral-like color is this red and white broken Satin rabbit.  But she's definitely rocking a more spotted pattern than a floral pattern.  A floral patterned rabbit would be weird.  I don't know what kind of genetic mutation would have to occur for that to happen.


In other news...It was after 2:00 in the afternoon before I started feeling a bit warm and realized I'd never turned on my fan.  Hurrah for cooler, rainy days.

Today I was talking to a co-worker about this project we have both worked on in the past that he is now the in charge of across our organization, coordinating data and working with sites to use the data to improve performance, and I mentioned that I was putting together a list of "new customers" for each site with their past performance metrics.  He said, I'm glad you said that because I just got a request from a site wanting some data.  And when he showed me the request, it was clearly related to what I was already doing, but when I sat down to look at it more closely back at my own desk, I realized that I already had prepared the data sets and all I needed to do was create a couple calculated fields, add a couple filters, and run a pair of crosstabs.  I finished the request in about 15 minutes, which included formatting the output in a nice way.  It's quite nice when people ask for something that I'm already basically working on.

2 comments:

Tam said...

I am ready to report that Googling 'floral pattern rabbit' (without quotes) gives DELIGHTFUL image search results. You'll love it.

Sally said...

YESSSSS. I want to order all that fabric and just drape it around my room now.