Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Cute Animal Stuff

"Bubo Habitat"--Thursday, 8/2/16

For today's Reverse Inspiration, this lady is getting her polka dots and stripes on.  She also has a pop of pink, a color which is surprisingly lacking from my own outfit.

From stylishpetite on instagram.com

I'm all subdued today with these natural shades of green, grey, and black...including my new dark grey skirt for back-to-back long Walmart pencil skirt outfits.


Grey and green striped short-sleeved cardigan (thrifted, Macy's), $3.50/wear
Black polka dot top (Liz Claiborne/Macy's), $4.17/wear
*Dark grey skirt (Walmart), $12.00/wear
Light grey wedges by BCBGeneration, $5.38/wear
Silver/bright beads owl pendant (Kohls), $7.00/wear

Outfit total: $32.05/wear

No wonder this owl looks right at home!  I'm like a forest with grey rocks along the ground and stars starting to come out in the darkening sky.


Huh, in addition to being the genus of the horned owl, Bubo is also (among other things) the name of a robotic owl in the 1981 film Clash of the Titans (a movie I haven't seen, if I recall correctly).  Check him out (along with a crazy young Harry Hamlin)!

From readmewatchme.wordpress.com

I haven't seen this movie, but now that I've read this amusing review, I don't have to!  Thanks random Internet stranger for saving me a couple hours of time. 

In other news...Robert found this video especially for Tam, but you should all get your otter on by viewing this one.

1 comment:

Tam said...

Awwwwtters! Thanks, Robert! (Sorry, got behind on your blog while I was starting the new job, life falling apart, etc.)