Monday, August 1, 2016

Hatter Not Hater

Oops I Did It Again--Sunday, 7/31/16

Another attempt to wear my old floral skirt and decide whether to keep it is thwarted by my own confusion!  Once again, I automatically put on my new-this-summer white floral skort instead.

Here's what my mixed up skirt situation wrought on the Reverse Inspiration front.  Whoa, I'm sorry.

From cichic.com

While I didn't get to test my old skirt, I did reaffirm that I like this skirt and this top.  I admit, its trapeze cut is not the most flattering thing in the world when it's worn alone (without a topper to control some of the volume) but it's comfortable and cool for a summer weekend day so I can handle looking like I could be 5 months pregnant under that thing.  (Clarification: I am not pregnant.)


Light blue Hatter tank (Disney Alice/Kohls), $12.00/wear
White/pink/blue floral skort (thrifted, Walmart), $0.29/wear
Medium blue flats by Sofft, $4.66/wear
*White lace infinity scarf (Walmart), $4.13/wear

Outfit total: $21.08/wear

I could not be happier with the three lace infinity scarves I ordered from walmart.com for $4.13 each.  Mint, coral, and white are all colors that figure prominently in my warm-weather wardrobe, and I am happy for the option to add a lightweight layer for some extra visual interest to my outfits.  The lace strip gives the scarves a textural component that works nicely with the solid color.  Often the lace on inexpensive scarves looks completely cheap-ass but I think these look nice.  And because the lace strip is in between two strips of soft fabric, I'm not experiencing the itchy-lace problem that has had me returning other lace scarves to the store.  Well done, Walmart.


You know what else makes me happy?  Rabbits!


In other news...What doesn't make me happy?  This utterly ridiculous/gross/dangerous weight loss device.  It's so horrid that both Tam and my mom told me about it a couple months ago, but I only this weekend got around to reading about it.  And I say THUMP to all that.  Of all the things that are crazy and wrong about this thing, I just can't get my head around the idea of how someone with a job manages to use it.  I can't imagine you'd want everyone in your office to know that you are going to the bathroom to leak out 30% of the food you ate every day at lunch. 

4 comments:

Jen M. said...

That device is awful. Ugh. I know I can't relate to how desperate you must feel about your weight to be willing to do it. But man....

Sally said...

Right, that's a good point, and it's part of what is sad--that there are people who do feel that desperate, for all kinds of reasons, many of which can be tied back to a fat-phobic/fat-hating society and medical advice (at least some of which is based on shoddy correlational research.

Tam said...

I'm glad not to feel anywhere near desperate enough about my weight to take up bulimia-via-installed-belly-tube. Like, fuck that so hard. I'd WAY rather do old-fashioned bulimia (though I'm not doing that either).

Sally said...

Something that sounds worse than bulimia is just...ugh. UGH.