Thursday, August 4, 2016

Rainy Headache Day

"Baggy Butterfly Barbie"--Thursday 8/4/16

This is a top-notch Reverse Inspiration today with a polka dot skirt, bright pink top, and floral shoes.  Well done!

From apocketfulofpolkadots.com

My version had some extra print mixing (of course) with a subtly striped top/cardigan two-in-one thing-y from last December's 88 cent sale.  It's not the most flattering silhouette in the world, but it's very comfortable.


*Bright pink striped top/cardigan (thrifted, JCP), $0.88/wear
Black polka dot skirt (Walmart), $4.29/wear
Black/grey/pink butterfly scarf (Kohls), $2.80/wear
Black floral flats (Payless), $1.44/wear

Outfit total: $9.41/wear

And I couldn't resist this butterfly scarf (that I got free with Kohls cash but that I've decided to start including with its original price).  I'm not working the cost per wear of my wardrobe down much with these items, but at least I am working the pattern mix hard.


For today's rabbit-viewing pleasure, black and black broken Satin rabbits.  The Satin rabbit has a very shiny coat due to a genetic mutation that makes the cuticle of the hair shaft transparent.  I think the black Satin shows this best of all the colors.

Shiny coat 100% NOT produced by eating Alpo.  Nope.

In other news...This outfit was perfectly comfortable for staying home with a headache (that worsened as the day went on).  I had thought I might get back to sleep at some point, but I had that kind of headache that's so bad I can't sleep.  Luckily it was cooler today with the burst of intense rain that we had this morning.  I'm hoping tomorrow I will be feeling better...but I need to get to bed now to help make that happen.  Good night, all, and happy bunny dreams.

2 comments:

mom said...

The black satin bunny is really pretty. Love the eyeliner!

Sally said...

Agreed, the white eye makes for extra drama to this look ;)