Saturday, April 30, 2016

Wrapping Things Up

"Zooey Wonderland"--Saturday, 4/30/16

I pretty much think Lindsay is the real-life counterpart of Zooey Deschanel's character Jess on New Girl.  (She is even a teacher, no joke, though elementary rather than middle school.)

I thought this kinda funky outfit was a nice way to wear my ancient purple knit dress for the weekend.  I loved the purple dress/black tights/Oxford flats combo especially.

From lindsayliving.com

For my version I used my black and white check jacket and plain black leather/suede Oxfords, and I loved it.  Enough that this dress I was considering removing from my closet has been re-established as a winner when worn as a comfy knit skirt.


Purple knit dress (Target)
Black and white check jacket (JNY), $4.94/wear
Alice scarf (NerdCreations), $5.71/wear
Black tights
Black suede Oxfords (thrifted, Munro American), $0.56/wear

Outfit total: $11.21/wear

But if I'm going this far, I might as well go all out and add my Alice in Wonderland scarf, right? 


In other news...So this is the last day of the Work the Wardrobe Challenge.  Whew.  Now it's time for a new challenge, right?  No rest for the weary!

With no further ado, I present to you Operation Cost Per Wear, in which I am prioritizing wearing items that currently have a relatively high cost per wear for their category (as well as wearing new items, with their notorious #DIV/0 cost per wear in my Excel file).  As part of my continuing purging process, I'm also going to emphasize wearing things I'm uncertain about keeping and making a decision about them.

I actually started that already today with this dress that I don't like as a dress (because the upper part doesn't fit right) but that I like layering and wearing as a skirt.  I don't have any other knee-length or longer, somewhat full knit skirts or dresses, so even if I don't wear it often, I do feel that it fills a niche.  And Coldville is the kind of place where having a few dresses that you only wear when layering up is a reasonable proposition.  I'm already thinking how much I'd like this one with a grey or black pullover sweater worn over it.

So in addition to celebrating the last day of the WtWC today, I also finished Fallout 3.  I completed the final, interminable mission of the end-of-game DLC Broken Steel on the Very Hard (i.e., hardest possible) level even!  It's funny, very soon after starting up the game today for the first time after last weekend's slog, I killed an enemy with a gatling laser, which gave me the parts I needed to repair Vengeance, my favorite automatic weapon: "unique and very powerful...[it] can handily slaughter most opponents."  So the second half of the mission, while objectively as difficult as the first, was easier because I was able to repair Vengeance 3 times, keeping it in near-perfect condition and hence in its full-out motherfucking bad-ass mode for the rest of the mission.

No comments: