Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Slouchy Rollovers

"Boho Faux Leopard"--Wednesday, 4/6/16

Today's outfit, despite being pretty basic, has two inspirations.

#1:  The brown tiger cardigan makes another appearance!  This time with a black dress.  I could do this combo with my faux leopard print cardigan (needed for the Work the Wardrobe Challenge).  (She enjoys having the river within walking distance; I understand that--I LOVE having THE river in viewing distance!)

From 260daysnorepeats.com

#2:  This blogger suggests transitioning a summer dress to fall with a cardigan and tall boots, and shows us a black dress and a leopard print scarf.  Of course, you can also transition a fall dress to winter if you start with a warmer dress to begin with, right?

From dandelionmoms.com

And thus this simple black dress + faux leopard cardigan + tights + tall boots outfit was created.


Black knit dress (Kohls), $8.64/wear
Brown faux leopard cardigan (thrifted, Josephine Chaus), $1.67/wear+
Black leggings
Tall black boots by Fitzwell, $2.69/wear
Black/silver pendant (JCP), $5.12/wear

Outfit total: $18.12/wear

Of course, as it turns out, both the dress and the cardigan have 3/4 length sleeves.  This is kind of awesome because it means they layer very nicely, but on the downside, that does expose a lot of skin.  So I decided to hold off on it until it's officially Spring on the calendar in the hopes that the weather would have warmed up just enough to avoid frostbite on my forearms while wearing this outfit.

I enjoyed the overall slightly slouchy vibe of this outfit.


This castor mini rex ain't no slouch!  She radiates softness.


Speaking of soft bunnies (and when am I not?), I LOVED this bunny pom--again, I'm not a handbag person, but if I switched to a pastel purse for spring, I would be tempted to get one of these!

From sedbona.com

In other news...I am excited to report that my nephew rolled over from his tummy to his back last night!  He's been working up to it for a bit, and it's cool that he made it. 

Meanwhile, I'm not feeling as strong as Superbaby.  I can't tell if it's allergies getting me down or I've actually caught a bug, but I'm achy and tired and headachy and pretty much grump.

However, this did not stop me from killing it at work today.  So that's good.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

You're reminding me of a story I heard about a mother who had left her baby on the floor for just a minute and when she came back, the baby was gone! It turns out the baby had rolled under the couch. This is not the way you want to find out about new skills!

Sally said...

Oops! My sister had a similar story about a friend who was taking a bath with the baby on the floor next to her tub and the baby decided to roll its way out of the room and toward the stairs. Talk about your heart attack moments!

Debbie said...

Scary!