Monday, April 11, 2016

Purple Paisley

"Grape Expectations"--Monday, 4/11/16

I was excited to get a purple blazer for 88 cents at the thrift store this Christmas.  You can tell I have a lot of clothes because I was on the fence about it at first because it was a little short in the torso, but ultimately I decided (1) that it would still look reasonable with a skirt or dress and (2) I was really over-thinking this for 88 cents.


From kginger.polyvore.com

I kept pretty true to this office outfit inspiration photo, though I switched out the...is that giraffe print?...open-toed heels for my grey leopard wedges...


*Purple cotton blazer (thrifted, Kohls), $0.88/wear+
Light grey skirt (JCP), $3.01/wear
White long-sleeved T (Walmart), $0.42/wear
Grey tights
Grey leopard wedges by Cole Haan, $11.65/wear
Grey/pink/blue paisley scarf (Target), $3.00/wear

Outfit total: $18.96/wear

...and added a big-ass scarf because that's how I roll.  I think my expectation that the short-ish blazer would work with a skirt was fulfilled, in this outfit at least.  Purple is a handy color for a blazer, so I look forward to experimenting with it some more.  The only downside is that DAMN a 100% cotton blazer wrinkles in the wash!  It only took a few minutes to make it presentable, fortunately.


In other news...With spring/summer on its way (in some parts of the country), it's time to enjoy [other people trying to enjoy] a first CSA.  I will point out that even having rabbits doesn't fully solve the kohlrabi problem...unless you have a LOT of rabbits....because the high phosphorus content limits how much a rabbit should eat.  But the good news is that they love the greens that nobody else wants!

No comments: