Sunday, April 17, 2016

Beautiful Soup

"Elementary School Counselor"--Sunday, 4/17/16

Are you starting to wonder whether I would be able to put items of clothing on my body without Bridgette Raes?  In this article, she gave ideas for chic sweater looks for fall...so clearly I should try one of these in spring.

From bridgetteraes.com

This was an excuse to wear my diamond cardigan yet again.  (I'm working on getting that cost per wear down!)


Black and white diamond cardigan (JNY), $8.63/wear
Short-sleeved white top with ribbon neckline (thrifted, Lands End), $2.00/wear
Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Kohls), $0.70/wear
Red buckle flats by Me Too, $2.68/wear
Red bubble necklace (Outfit Additions), $1.87/wear

Outfit total: $15.88/wear

I ensured that my outfit wasn't too chic (hah, such a risk) by wearing an old red bubble necklace.


In other news...Yesterday I spent a lot of time on outfit organization, photo taking, and blog preparation.  At the end of my long photo session, I put on this simple but comfy outfit.


*Black skinny jeans (thrifted, YMI), $5.24/wear
Black tunic with flower embellishment (thrifted, Macy's), $1.33/wear
Black LifeStride flats, $1.26/wear

Today's big project is making a gigantic pot of chicken soup.  Because there's nothing like high temperatures in the 70s to make you crave a nice, piping hot bowl of soup, right?  SIGH.

I'm just in the mood for something different from the same few things I have been eating for months, and the weather is not cooperating with my culinary vision.  It's not been cooperating with my sartorial vision either, so I guess that's no surprise.

Oh well.  I broke down and started running the air conditioner again this weekend (instead of relying on open windows) and you know what?  IT'S FUCKING AWESOME.  So if I get home from work and I feel like it's too warm to eat soup (and it probably won't be because thermostats are da bomb), I will simply push a button and make it cooler in the apartment.

Seriously, we are living in the future and it is good!

Now if only I had a replicator a la Star Trek to cook this soup for me today...

Hell, if I had a replicator, I would be in bad, bad shape because I wouldn't ask for a bowl of chicken soup.  It would be like a plate of chicken/black bean nachos the size of a large pizza followed by a piece of Italian cream cake...and then my visiting the hologram doctor because I made myself utterly sick on such decadent food.

No comments: