Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Thank the Gods for a Cooler Rainy Day

Edited to add:  OMG.  Seriously check out this poor corn-chomping technique.  He needs to enroll in a course with the U of Nebraska extension service to fix that up.  (Hat tip: Style on Target)

Wearing a Perforated-Looking Sweater--Tuesday, 4/19/16

I LOVED the color combo in this inspiration photo.  I only recently (December thrift shopping with my mom) got a pullover sweater that I can (out of the corner of my eye) call "white" instead of cream so I was happy to be able to take a stab at this look.

(Which is, for once, from a relatively recent blog post, too--late November 2015.  It's not unusual for me to a couple years behind.)

From curlycraftymom.com

While I would have preferred a pure white sweater like the one in the photo, I think my rendition turned out very nicely.  Today was relatively cool by recent standards and rainy, so I brought out leggings + tall boots for perhaps their penultimate wear-to-work outing until fall.  (Perhaps.  I am wearing tall boots tomorrow because another cool/rainy day is expected, and I still have a few tights outfits in my line up that I might bring out if it's not too crazy warm.)


White textured pullover sweater (thrifted, Liz Claiborne), $2.50/wear
Dark teal skirt (JCP), $2.01/wear
Black leggings
Tall black boots by Fitzwell, $2.62/wear
Magenta scarf (JCP), $1.20/wear

Outfit total: $8.33/wear

Not shown in this photo is how my magenta Fitbit echoes the color of the scarf.  It's great when that happens.

I still would like to find a truly white pullover sweater.  I like the crispness of it with jewel tones and pastels, and it's really just a more flattering color on me.  But I'm well-pleased to have scored this comfortable, interesting-shaped-and-textured sweater nonetheless, and I think it's one that I will get a good amount of use from.


In other news...As I mentioned, on Saturday I spent some time taking non-tights-outfit photos (mostly pants outfits), and when I was done, I just dressed in something easy--an embellished black tunic, jeans, and flats.  The jeans are a kind of astonishing recent Goodwill purchase, on an outing when I was looking for a pair of black pants for work (I got those too).  They are called "super skinny leggings" but...I mean...they're just like skinny jeans.  I sort of don't get it.  Either the "super skinny" part or the "leggings" part.  But whatever.  My other black jeans are a longer bootcut that are quite fabulous with my black ankle boots but that are too long to wear with flats, so having another pair will be useful in the coming months.

No comments: