Thursday, April 14, 2016

Prepare Yourself For A Fruit Pun

Pink Lady Outfits: Not Just For Apple Shapes Anymore--Thursday, 4/14/16

I liked Alice's "modernized pink lady outfit" as an inspiration for wearing a new thrift store cardigan I purchased in November.

From happinessatmidlife.com

I guess that makes this a winterized springified modernized pink lady?  (Though I do think that modernized takes a hit by my substitution of a cardigan for the pink moto jacket.)  I'm enjoying the combination of floaty feminine dress and masculine lace-up shoes.  (I don't prefer to wear the same shoes two days in a row but that's just how it turned out this time.)


Black and white polka dot dress (thrifted, Target), $1.67/wear
*Pink-orchid cardigan (thrifted, Target), $3.74/wear+
Light blue/orchid leopard/floral scarf (thrifted), $2.33/wear
Black tights
Black suede Oxfords (thrifted, Munro American), $0.63/wear

Outfit total: $8.37/wear

In the same post, she also pairs this dress with (a double dose of) leopard print, so I suppose it scarf was dual-inspired (though really, the scarf was a matter of practicality as much as anything--this square Jane Austen neckline is too low to wear without a scarf, especially to work).


In other news...It was 77 F today, folks.  I think tights season is coming to a premature end this year.

My brain is a bit tired tonight after a long day of figuring out how to do new things, but the good news is that I think I solved a big problem!  I tested it out in a small way and it's operating like it should; tomorrow I will fully implement the solution and test it further, hopefully declare victory, and move on to the next thing I don't yet know how to do.  It's been fun having a few days of real brain stretch this week.  Next week I will be heavily in the mode that I like to call being "a machine that turns iced tea into reports."

So, yep, this hufflepuff dwarf bunny and I are tired but feeling pretty satisfied about things right now.

This rabbit reverse inspired the "Hufflepuff" name in the Harry Potter universe.

No comments: