Monday, April 4, 2016

Pink Wardrobe Building

"Orchid W(h)ine"--Monday, 4/4/16

Though Erin tells us that pink is not just for spring and wears this outfit in the fall (of which I heartily approve)...yeah, I'm wearing my version of this in the spring.  Sometimes I'm just conventional that way.

From looplooks.net

I mean, not so much the spring that I'm not still wearing tights and boots, but my colors (and layers!) are getting lighter as the days go by.


Orchid and white striped button up shirt (thrifted, Eddie Bauer), $2.00/wear+
Burgundy skirt (Nordstrom), $3.39/wear
White sweater vest (thrifted, Casual Corner), $1.50/wear
Gold/pink peacock necklace (Target), $4.75/wear
Grey tights
Grey ankle boots by Seychelles, $8.24/wear

Outfit total: $19.88/wear

Though arguably my burgundy skirt is more suited to fall than to spring, and I should have worn my bright pink skirt instead.  So maybe there's hope that I can maintain my reputation for seasonally questionable dressing.


This is the last time I'm wearing this shirt.  It lays kind of funny in the back, so adios!

Bunnies disapprove of lying/laying funny.


In other news...An article from a mom putting together a capsule wardrobe and the first post in a series about designing a wardrobe from scratch.

My day started out a bit rough because I was tired from not enough sleep over the weekend.  Then the project I was working on at work was harder than it seemed like it should be, though I did make progress so I don't have too much to complain about.

To those who started something different today--like my sister (back to work) or my mom (all day baby care)--I hope that even if it was challenging, that you made it through OK!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Huh, when I think of building a wardrobe from scratch, I think of Thomas Perry's Jane Whitefield novels. Whitefield helps people disappear, and one of her ideas for disappearing is to completely change your style. I think I have a mostly nerdly, librarianish style right now. If I had to change it, I would want to continue staying away from high heels. But I could probably go bohemian or sporty.

Sally said...

Hah, it does seem like different rules apply if you are trying to create a new identity.

Mom said...

Now that my babysitting is done and I'm back home. It was so fun to take care of P, but I was tired at the end of each day. I'm so glad I got to do it.

Sally said...

It sounds like you are at the perfect stage of life to be a Nana!