Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Cool Colors, Cool Weather

"Embroidery Barbie Has Balls"--Tuesday, 4/26/16

Christine works this color combination in June (and with a baby bump) but I thought this was a fun, bright way to wear a grey cardigan I got from my mom at Christmas...

From work-it-blog.blogspot.com

...and to realize that my aqua T is too short (good-bye!) so I need to substitute a top in a different shade of blue.


Blue embroidered knit top (Walmart), $1.33/wear
*Grey V neck cardigan (Kohls, from Mom)+ (!!!!)
Bright pink pencil skirt (JCP), $2.01/wear
Grey tights
Grey leopard wedges by Cole Haan, $10.42/wear
Wild ball necklace (Macy's), $3.04/wear

Outfit total: $16.80/wear

I like the texture mix going on here with the ribbed cardigan, the embroidered top, and the variously smooth and grooved and pitted balls on the necklace.


In other news...I enjoyed the commentary on this list of Things My Male Tech Colleagues Have Actually Said to Me.  But...seriously?  You guys suck.

It turned out to be surprisingly chilly today--I mean, the meteorologists were off by a good 15 degrees F in their forecast--so I had to use my bun-warming heating pad today at work.  It may seem silly but it's damn effective.

No comments: