Friday, April 29, 2016

In Which I Declare Victory

Inspiration Bonanza!--Friday, 4/29/16

Focal item:  Blue/bright pink/white circles shell from Nordstrom

I struck the inspiration jackpot when pairing a pink patterned top with a bright pink cardigan and blue jeans/navy pants.

From #1 adrilately.blogspot.com, #2 mixmatchfashion.com, #3 tinybitsofnonsense.com, #4 fortheloveofleopard.com

Seriously, I was running out of time with this top before the end of the Work the Wardrobe Challenge and was afraid that it would be too cold for it.  For once, the crazily early warming this spring has worked to my advantage!  It was fairly chilly this morning, though, so I wore a bright pink scarf tied around my neck until about 2 p.m.


Straight leg jeans (thrifted, Bandolinoblu), $0.15/wear
Blue/bright pink/white circles shell (Nordstrom), $19.50/wear+ (!!!!)
Bright pink t-shirt cardigan (Lands End), $5.00/wear
White swag necklace (Kohls), $2.89/wear
Medium blue flats by Sofft [see photos #1 + #4], $5.83/wear

Outfit total: $33.37

At least I didn't have to wear mine while there was snow on the ground (like blogger #4).


This top was the last item for the Work the Wardrobe Challenge.  I absolutely eked it out at...well, not the very last minute (since I gave myself until tomorrow) but at the 11th hour.  (Interesting, that phrase may or may not have its origins in the Bible.  But everything in English is from the Bible or Shakespeare, isn't it?)   Yay for me!

However, because I do outfit planning in advance, I do have some recent purchases that didn't make it into the WtWC, but I had already decided that they were exempt--you will be seeing them coming up soon, though.  And I have some older purchases, dating back to December, that were not part of the WtWC because it made zero sense to me to either (1) wear seriously summery clothes before summer or (2) not take advantage of a great thrift store bargain just because the item didn't align with the season.  So that's a caveat to this whole thing.  But I say, It's done, I won.  The End.


In other news....This story is for my dad because I think he will relate.  This week I asked Robert to put soy sauce on the grocery list because I have only about 2 servings left.  He told me, We have more soy sauce.  I say, Oh really, where?  He says, On the shelves.  I say, I saw two bottles of Worchestershire sauce but no soy sauce.  He goes over and finds the Worchestershire sauce and says, Damn, I thought I bought soy sauce the last two times I was at the store but I got Worchestershire sauce instead.  I said, Yeah, the first clue is that only Worchestershire sauce comes wrapped up in paper like that and the second clue is that it says "Worchestershire sauce" on it instead of "soy sauce."  But this story has a happy ending.  On Wednesday evening he came home from the store with a bottle of soy sauce and no more Worchestershire sauce...which I can't even remember the last time I used. 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Congratulations on your victory!

I think the only thing I use worcestershire sauce for is Chex mix.

Sally said...

Thanks!

Chex mix is a good use of it.