Sunday, April 3, 2016

It's the Pitts

"Black and Magenta Oystercatcher"--Sunday, 4/3/16

I admit that the color combination is much of what makes this collage special, but I still think the basic ingredients make for a nice outfit, even if the colors are a bit less stand-out.

From wardrobeoxygen.com

Enter black striped dress with matching black boots, dark wash denim jacket, and "matching" (tonal) maroon/magenta tights and scarf.


Black and white striped short-sleeved dress (Target), $5.99/wear+
Blue denim jacket (Liz Claiborne/JCP), $16.15/wear
Black fuzzy boots (Walmart), $2.86/wear
Maroon leggings
Magenta scarf (JCP), $1.60/wear

Outfit total: $26.60/wear

I guess that what my outfit lacks in unusual color combination, it makes up for with extra matchiness and a more traditional business casual black-based color palette.  But then it busts the idea of business casual with a too-short dress and fuzzy black boots.  Hello, weekend.


This outfit name is a nod to a delightful black bird with bright-to-dark pink legs, the African black oystercatcher.
 
From commons.wikimedia.org

In other news...I am getting very close to being done with Fallout 3.  I have completed all the side quests and have collected all the bobbleheads.  I have two DLC (downloadable content) sections--The Pitt and Mothership Zeta--that I need to do (or decide not to do) before I finish the last quest in the main quest line and then do the DLC that comes after the main quest line is completed.

I think my next move will be to do The Pitt (it takes place in Pittsburgh, which has turned from complete anarchy to an organized slave town under the iron thumb of their current overlord).  But I'm kind of wiped out right not from having completed 6 quests in the main quest line in a row this weekend with only one break to help out my old friend in the last side quest.  It's been pretty intense.

So...yeah...this is what people do who don't have kids!

No comments: