Saturday, April 2, 2016

Fallout Saturday

"Bedrock Barbie"--Saturday, 4/2/16

Alice is a fellow aficionado of bright pink and leopard print, so it's a no-brainer that she put them together...twice, actually, in almost exactly the same way, she relates in her post.  I decided to do a winterized version of this outfit using the bright pink velvet blazer I bought thrifting with my mom at Christmas.

From happinessatmidlife.com

When I washed the blazer, a seam along the shoulder came loose, but I am equal to the task of repairing it.  Then it was time to make an outfit with all the textures--velvet, sweater knit, fuzzy fake fur...


Grey leopard sweater dress (Kohls), $6.67/wear+
*Bright pink velvet blazer (thrifted, Old Navy), $6.99/wear+
Black scarf (Target), $1.33/wear
+ black neon polka dot scarf (Target), $4.00/wear
Grey sweater tights
Fuzzy black boots (Walmart), $3.33/wear

Outfit total: $22.32/wear

...even two kinds of scarf, a silky polyester polka dot one and a...I'm not sure what to call it, but a "normal" woven scarf made from a non-silky material.  Well whatever, they are cute together.

Even if I did feel a little bit like a character from the Flintstones from the waist down.


In other news...Articles (one and two) about the current state of admissions at elite colleges.  Friends don't let friends be "emotional wrecks or slavish adherents to soulless scripts"!

I've been working on the main quest line of Fallout 3 today and loving it.

No comments: