Monday, February 29, 2016

Exhausted Already

And It's Only...--Monday, 2/29/16

While either a navy sweater or pop-of-color sandals look just fine with this outfit, I think you can guess which one I chose...

From bridgetteraes.com

...but then I discovered that my navy pullover sweater is too short and had to be purged.  So I substituted an olive sweater in its place.  Plus tall grey boots for the win!


Olive pullover sweater (Kohls), $2.83/wear
Light grey skirt (JCP), $3.61/wear
Navy scarf (Target), $1.71/wear + navy owl scarf (Nordstrom), $3.33/wear
Grey leggings
Tall grey boots by LifeStride, $12.50/wear

Outfit total: $23.98/wear

I could have gone with something bold here, like the coral cheetah scarf, but I wanted to revisit the navy scarf + owl scarf combination.  I tied it a little differently here from last time, and I liked the effect.


In other news...Not a great night's sleep, too much work to do today, an intense (i.e., draining to the introvert) meeting that kept me a bit late at work, the dreaded "drivetrain malfunction" message on my car on the way home (like others experienced, when I turned off then restarted the car, it operated normally; knock wood that it was another random erroneous error message and not something that will lay my car flat or that I will otherwise have to take it in to be serviced for)...so now I feel completely worn out and in need of another weekend.  Fuck you, Leap Monday.

But on a happier note, Tam texted me that I should look at today's Google doodle.  I immediately texted Robert that he should look at today's Google doodle.  Robert didn't get my text until lunch when he picked up his phone to text me that I should look at today's Google doodle.  So dear reader, look at today's Google doodle!  If you've looked already, look again!

And if it's been a tough day, I don't know why I'm surprised.  Leap Monday can presage nothing good.

This otter dwarf knows that today is going to suck.

I otter have known.

2 comments:

Mom said...

The bunny motif for Leap Day is definitely better than mountain goats!

Still love the skirt, it fits you very nicely.

Sally said...

I agree on bunnies > mountain goats!

And thanks, I like that this skirt works for all seasons.