Saturday, February 6, 2016

Fallout 3 and Elementary

...That's How I Spent My Day--Saturday, 2/6/16

Oh StyleUp, how we miss your often-completely-insane daily outfit prompts, based on the weather forecast for the user's zip code and the dress code (professional, creative, casual, etc.) the user has selected!  But for all the weird-ass suggestions I got (ripped jeans for work, skirt and heels with no tights in December), sometimes they got it right, like they did with this suggestion for a winter day in Snow City.  I mean, obviously it would be ridiculous to wear a short puffer coat so that your legs freeze in those sheer tights as you're going to work, but this is at least a decent starting point for building a cold-weather outfit.

From styleup.com
Because I was dressing for a weekend day mostly staying indoors, I substituted a puffy vest for the coat and skipped the hat.  I don't like turtlenecks, so I popped on a scarf looped closely to the neck over my sweater.  Some heavier leggings and silly fuzzy boots (to maintain the silliness level lost with the hat) and I'm good to go.


Burgundy cashmere pullover sweater (Macy's), $10.66/wear
Leopard puffy vest (Macy's), $3.14/wear
Black cargo skirt with peplum hem (Royal Robbins/REI), $3.13/wear
Black leggings
Black fuzzy boots (Walmart), $4.00/wear
*Magenta scarf (JCP), $4.79/wear+

Outfit total: $25.72/wear

This scarf was a steal, and I love how the magenta looks with the burgundy and leopard print!  Luscious.


In other news...On the "No" woman at work.  Yes.  All of it.  Yes.

With respect to Hilary's pragmatism garnering criticism, can I just say here that Bernie Sanders and his Soviet flag and his ludicrous magically gonna save $10 trillion while spending an obvious shit-ton of money economic "plan" can go fuck themselves right now?  Like, right this exact second.

Also, this article on how return policies affect sales reminds me that I have a couple things I need to mail back to Nordstrom. 

I did a lot of leg exercises while watching Elementary tonight.  I hope I can walk in the morning!

8 comments:

Tam said...

Good Lord. Your comment about the Soviet flag let me to look up some stuff on Bernie Sanders. I was already leaning towards believing he was unelectable, but now I'm just…ugh. Hopefully the Democrats will stay sensible and nominate Hillary, as seems to be happening.

Tam said...

I'm also really tired of hearing criticism of Clinton positions in the 90s from people who were in elementary school in the 90s.

Tam said...

Of course, I say that as I'm criticizing Bernie for his positions before I was born. But whatever. A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin etc.

Jen M. said...

Rick thinks Bernie is potentially electable (though I'm not so sure) but wouldn't be able to govern. The fact is that Clinton isn't as progressive but she might actually be able to get some things done. I think it's been good having Sanders drive some of the debate but hope Dems go for Clinton.

Jen M. said...

Oh and your outfit looks comfy and cozy :)

Sally said...

I'm hoping for Clinton as well.

And thanks! :)

mom said...

I took one of those online what candidate most matches your views quizzes and got Clinton, which is what I've been saying all along.

Sally said...

Mom, Clinton sounds right for you to me also.