Friday, February 26, 2016

Old Meets New (Old)

Singing the Praises of an Old Standby--Friday, 2/26/16

In the blog post with this outfit, Jessica talks about "core classics" and their importance in her wardrobe.  I decided to recreate this outfit using one of my own closet champions, one of a set of surprisingly long-lived long-sleeved T-shirts from Walmart.  I know...Walmart?  I can't explain it but these shirts are...well, if not perfect, shockingly great and versatile.  And they have that sort of Traveling Pants quality of continuing to fit well even though I'm wearing at least one size larger in everything else than when I bought them.  It's strange.  But whatever, they make a terrific basic layer for all kinds of outfits.

From whatiworetumblr.com

I started with the old magical maroon T-shirt and topped it with my new corduroy jacket (which was somebody else's old corduroy jacket but let's not confuse things).


Maroon long-sleeved T (Walmart), $2.50/wear+
Olive corduroy blazer (thrifted, JCP), $3.50/wear
Skinny jeans (JCP), $1.08/wear
Brown leopard scarf (Kohls), $4.58/wear
Tall brown boots by Fitzwell, $6.18/wear

Outfit total: $17.84/wear

I think the real cost-per-wear on these shirts is counted in dimes now, I've had them so long, but even with my restarting the cost-per-wear with the introduction of outfits on this blog, the cost is coming down nicely.


In other news...Tomorrow it is supposed to get up to 57 degrees!  What the hell?

God, it has been such a long week. All I can say is...


...so tired.  Oh so tired.

4 comments:

rvman said...

Tired buns.

Sally said...

I eventually had to replace my old olive birding jacket. A couple of pen explosions in the pocket that wouldn't come out had it looking grungy enough that I didn't mind replacing it with another one I bought at Goodwill.

Tam said...

Hmm. Do you still have that cardigan or whatever it was that you found in college that one time and then wore forever? (Yes, I'm going to ask about every specific wardrobe item that I remember you owning, one comment at a time.)

Sally said...

Hah, no, I pretty much have nothing left from when I wore a size 8.