Thursday, February 25, 2016

Stripey Goodness and Data Requests

Plus Mad Shoes--Thursday, 2/25/16

The blogger wore this outfit house-hunting, which is much more difficult than anything I had lined up today at work.  Still, I figured I could jump on her red dress + striped cardigan bandwagon.

From awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com

In my case, this involved a combination of grey and black with a coral red dress.  Of course, I love the polka dot tights with the striped cardigan.  (Not that the poor lighting lets you see the polka dots--oh well.)


Coral red dress (Lands End), $13.50/wear+
Black/grey striped cocoon cardigan (Kohls), $2.76/wear
Grey polka dot tights
Grey ankle boots by Seychelles, $8.75/wear
Grey/coral tree print scarf (Target), $1.20/wear

Outfit total: $26.21/wear

I ended up adding a scarf because (1) brrrrr and (2) I liked how the coral in the scarf matched the dress.  I have two red dresses, which seems kind of silly, but I enjoy the distinction between the coral red of this one and the dark red of the other one.  This coral red looks stunning with grey to my eyes.


In other stripe news...Tam sent this link to a new Disney Alice in Wonderland shoe collection, of which she correctly guessed that I would prefer the Cheshire flats.


Even these are almost too much.  But the real question is, How do you trust wearing a pair of Cheshire Cat shoes?  When the body disappears, you're left with a very awkward toe cap and that's it!  I think I prefer my shoes to be a little bit more reliable than that.

As it turned out, I had a LOT to do at work today.  On Tuesday I got assigned the responsibility for coordinating data from a bunch of different people (some of which was good-to-go and other of which were bits and pieces that I need to do  analysis on) for an upcoming presentation to our board.  So the first thing I did this morning was send out emails to people letting them know what data is needed.  Luckily people have been pretty responsive so far.  I also came in this morning to find out that a request (for some data in an area that I am responsible for analyzing) had been lost in the bowels of our ticket system so....surprise!  (They submitted the request two weeks ago!  It's terrible.)  So now I have not only the board presentation data due next Wed. but this other not-insignificant data request due the same day.

Right now I have a pretty long list of projects I am working on in the coming few weeks.  Last night I thought that I was in the sweet spot where I am just busy enough to be maximally motivated without being stressed.  I then went into the lower end of the stress zone this morning, but by kicking all kinds of ass today in Data Analysis Land, I think I brought it back down into the not-quite-stressed category again.  Whew.

Data Analysis Land:  Not as fun and zany but also not as crazy-making as Wonderland.

2 comments:

Tam said...

I know, you prefer a more understated Cheshire Cat shoe. Maybe something like this.

Sally said...

Indeed.

The idea of understated Chinese Cat shoe is, I admit, absurd...which is most definitely in the spirit of Wonderland.