Friday, February 5, 2016

End of the Week

With Crazy Bright Tights--Friday, 2/5/16

Red, dark denim, and leopard print is a slam dunk!


From polyvore.com


OK, so the inspiration photo doesn't feature red tights, but I was just feeling like pushing the boundaries of casual Friday work wear in this outfit.  (When I saw these red tights at JCP in my size, I had to get them because it is so difficult to find non-neutral tights.  I hadn't really thought about how I'd wear them, so it might take some trial and error.)


Red cashmere pullover sweater (Macy's), $10.66/wear+
*Blue/red plaid popover shirt (thrifted, Gap), $5.24/wear+
Denim skirt (thrifted, Levi's), $1.66/wear
Red/gold White Rabbit pocket watch pendant (Zad), $6.45/wear
*Red tights
Leopard smoking slippers by Clarks, $2.17/wear

Outfit total:$26.18/wear

Also instead of little gold ball earrings, I wore the tiny little rabbit earrings that Robert got me for my birthday--a fabulous duo of bunny studs.  So yep, I doubled up with the rabbit earrings and rabbit necklace today.  It's been a long week, and I definitely needed a dose (dos...o tres?) of bunny to get me through.

From etsy.com

Oddly, just yesterday I saw this post in which the blogger got a pair of mini rex earrings.  Mini rex!  What could be more awesome?  But....what?  These aren't mini rexes!  They aren't even bunnies.  Disapprove!


From nisolo.com
This shirt was a prize find at a local Goodwill in November.  I'd been specifically wanting a plaid shirt, and here was one in an icon red and blue color scheme, in a soft, lightweight fabric that can be worn basically year-round in Coldville (with proper layering).  The downside of the soft fabric is that it wrinkles like a son of a bitch, but I own a good iron and don't mind using it.  It's definitely worth the trouble to have a collared shirt I can easily wear under a light pullover sweater without it being stiff and awkward.  And red and blue can do no wrong!


In other news...I enjoyed this short series of messages on the computer terminals in one of the buildings in Fallout 3--it was owned by a company with tight ties to the Chinese and came under federal investigation, then invasion by US government military robots just prior to the outbreak of the Great War.

(1)
LOB Enterprises Front Desk

Welcome Ms. Warring

Please remember to always ask for I.D. and greet visitors with a smile.


(2)
Weapons Policy #H31
As standard policy, all employees are required to carry low-grade military-class weaponry at all times (see HR Policy#A12). In the event of a hostile takeover, your desk can be used as a makeshift barricade. Position the desk between yourself and your opponent, then crouch behind the desk while firing any weapon approved on Form B43-2.

NOTE: Cafeteria privileges will be suspended in the event of a hostile takeover. 


(3)
From: McCoy, Derrick
To: Entire Company

Subject: Weapon Practice Tonight?

If anyone would like to practice with their "low-grade, military-class" company issue, Sam and I will be shooting rounds off in the yard at 7:00PM.

BYOB.


(4)
From: Warring, Joanna
To: Entire Company

Subject: Oh, !@#

THEY'RE HERE! MAN THE DOORS! THE FEDS ARE HERE! 


(5)
From: Director of Human Resources
To: Entire Company

Subject: Caps in Emails

 

I would like to remind everyone that, despite the impending Federal invasion, standard company policy is still in effect.
 

Specifically, do not write emails in all caps. This style is offensive to your coworkers.
Thank you for your cooperation. 


I especially enjoyed this one, given recent snowfalls in Snow City.

Inclement Weather Policy #C31

In the event of extreme winter (nuclear) conditions, all employees are required to proceed to human resources and complete forms D87-a, D87-b, H04-1, and A14-3, addendum 7. In accordance with company policy #L83, employees will be issued iodine tablets, personal geiger counter, meal rations, and sworn into the sovereign L.O.B. republic. 

2 comments:

mom said...

I like this whole outfit! Everything goes perfectly together. And, of course, you can't go wrong with red and blue.

Sally said...

Thanks, I liked it too.