Wednesday, February 24, 2016

What to Wear for User Acceptance Testing

Winter Serenity--Wednesday, 2/24/16

Today's Reverse Inspiration features two players from October 2014, which is a surprisingly time-targeted echo of my outfit.

#1:  First up, Anne wears a striped top and quilted vest from her fall wardrobe capsule...and eats ice cream.  Is it possible for my food cravings to travel back in time as well, affecting people's meal and snack choices?  That would really explain all the outfit of the day posts on Instagram that include spurious doughnuts!  (Which is so common there's an Instagram about it.)

From anneinresidence.com

#2:  Thank you, Google reverse image search, for helping me identify the blogger in this photo.  This one comes very close to my outfit with a striped top, blue dress worn as a skirt, and quilted vest.  (This is Nashville, so no tights with the ankle boots.)

From myhereandnowlife.com

However, since I'm wearing this in February, tights are a must.  (And yes, the black quilted vest appears yet again this week.  What the heck?)


Light blue sleeveless dress (Kohls), $10.00/wear+
Black and white striped top (Kohls), $0.85/wear
Black quilted vest (Mountain Lake/Stage), $1.67/wear
Black tights
Black LifeStride flats, $1.34/wear
Black/grey/pink big butterfly scarf (Kohls) [free]

Outfit total: $13.86/wear

And the outfit is not complete without the big-ass butterfly scarf (the matching light blue color is a winner).


In other news...Have you heard that light blue and light pink----sorry, I mean to say, "rose quartz" and "serenity"----are the Pantone colors of the year for 2016? 

From pantone.com

The funniest comment I've heard about it (and I can't relocate where I read this!) is that it looks like preparation for a gender-reveal party.

A lot of women are highly uncertain about wearing these pastel colors, but for pale-skin blondes who do not work in corporate environments in which looking to "feminine" is looked down on, the colors could be a lot worse.  (I think my mom rocks these two colors better than anyone I know.)

In other news...I believe that my dashboards are acceptable.  Hurrah for that.

4 comments:

mom said...

I am one of the few women who would like clothing in those pastel colors, which are normally hard to find.

Sally said...

Indeed. Maybe this is a good time to do some shopping--if there's ever a time companies will be making items in these colors, it's now!

Jen M. said...

That reminds me of the "Think Pink" scene from Funny Face!

Sally said...

Jen--YES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX6TaA6IRkk