Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Presidents Day

Red Tights Redux--Monday, 2/15/16

When you see my outfit, this inspiration photo won't make a lot of sense, so let me explain.  I was going with grid print + textured pink/red skirt + leopard shoes.  OK?

From sarahsreallife.com

Put that together with a depraved tendency to pattern mix and a temporary need to have bright red legs and you get something like this.


Red corduroy skirt (thrifted, H and M), $0.71/wear
Black grid blazer (thrifted, Target), $1.25/wear+
Red silk shell (JNY), $7.50/wear
Burberry plaid scarf
Red tights
Leopard smoking slippers by Clarks, $2.08/wear

Outfit total: $11.54/wear

Maybe my brain is frozen, but I think it looks awesome.  Much better than the blue legs that would result from going out without tights in any event.  It's keeping to the two-out-of-three rule ("If you are wearing tights, they must either be a) the same color as your skirt/dress or b) the same color as your shoes"), in its own outrageous way.  But as Belle says, "Teacher, casual office, etc., wear [colorful] tights." And when a work holiday sneaks up on you, it's the perfect time to wear red tights!


In other news...Tam sends this article, reiterating a favorite point of mine re: sustained weight loss--if Oprah can't do it, can anyone?

It was a rough day.  I feel like my cold is getting better in fits and starts, but sinus congestion is a migraine trigger so I've been dealing with that a lot this weekend.

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

I have a lot of pregnancy weight to lose this year. Wish me luck.

Sally said...

Good luck! Though there are definitely women who struggle with post-pregnancy weight, empirically that seems a lot more doable than the usual weight loss. Once your little boy become ambulatory, I think you'll be in for a lot of exercise ;)