Saturday, February 13, 2016

Whew

Making It Out Alive--Friday, 2/12/16

Ah, fall.  Remember that season?  Perhaps you are still experiencing it.  Although I wanted to wear a brown sweater vest, I knew that I'd have to ramp up the layering a bit to make it work now.

From librarianforlifestyle.com

I hoped that one layer of ponte knit blazer would do the job.


Brown sweater vest (thrifted, August Silk), $2.00/wear+
Navy button up shirt (Eddie Bauer), $3.75/wear+
Navy ponte knit blazer (Target), $5.00/wear
Denim skirt (thrifted, Levi's), $1.25/wear
Silver/teal peacock pendant (Target), $4.75/wear
Navy leggings
Tall brown boots by Fitzwell, $6.56/wear

Outfit total: $23.31/wear

Verdict?  Adequate warmth achieved.


I had been considering purging this shirt from my wardrobe because I had mis-remembered it. Before trying it on again, I thought it was both thicker/stiffer fabric and smaller in size.  Now, I'm like, Oh yeah, this shirt is great!  I don't know what shirt I was confusing it with but it seems that the one I don't like has already been removed from my closet.  (It's also possible that I confused it with one of Robert's shirts because a heavier twill button up shirt is the kind of thing he owns and wears.)

In other news...In the spirit of the upcoming holiday, here are some food-pun cards for your enjoyment.

Meanwhile I'm just over here in a flop for the next three days, waiting this cold out.  (Speaking of cold out, it's currently -5 F so I'm really not going anywhere.)

2 comments:

Tam said...

Whew. It's 50 F here right now, but Monday (2/15) is the day that Robert originally told me was the end of winter in North Texas, and indeed, we're looking at nothing but highs in the 70s for next week.

Sally said...

We're expecting warm temps by local standards this coming week, too--highs from the high 20s to mid 40s!