Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Back to the Work Week, Already in Progress

Doubled Up...But Not in Pain!--Wednesday, 2/10/16

I was happy to score a long, dress-length beige cardigan at Goodwill in November.  This is a rather new silhouette for me--they only came on my radar this past fall--but it looks like a useful way to add warmth to a sleeveless dress.

I decided to try a beige/navy combination as in this inspiration photo.

From bridgetteraes.com

Instead of colorful accessories, I wore them with tall cognac boots (of the exact type/brand that I see the inspiration blogger wearing and featuring in inspiration photos frequently on her site--pair #1 of her boot collection-- so that seems even more appropriate!).


*Beige dress length cardigan (thrifted, Kohls), $5.24/wear+
Navy sleeveless dress (Target), $7.00/wear
Navy scarf (Target), $2.00/wear
Navy owl scarf (Nordstrom), $4.00/wear
Navy leggings
Tall cognac boots by Sam Edelman, $14.07/wear

Outfit total: $32.31/wear

Note that I went the double scarf route again, mixing an owl-patterned scarf with a plain one.  It was interesting to work out how to wear them together because the owl scarf is much shorter than the navy one.  After futzing with them a bit, I decided that it would be easiest to tie them each separately for a layered look.  The longer navy scarf on top has a more complicated tie that shortens it a fair amount, and then the owl scarf is simply tied once, leaving a little extra length to peek out from underneath.  I was pretty pleased with this look.


In other news...I was back at work today and it went pretty well, all things considered.  About 3:00, my nose started running constantly--good thing I'd brought a brand new box of lotion Kleenix to work this morning.  I'm glad I only have 2 more days of work and then a 3 day weekend!  Thanks, dead presidents!  I could really use some catching up on my sleep.  I actually slept OK last night but not long enough, and certainly not long enough considering how little sleep I've gotten lately.  I envy people like my office mate who get a cold, stay home sick, and sleep the whole time.  I think that's gotta be a rare ability, though. 

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

Love those boots. The dress is the perfect length to go with them.

Sally said...

Totally serendipitous, but I agree :)

It's nice living in boot country rather than sandal country. Definitely plays to my preferences! And we don't have much snow on the ground so I have been able to put my snow boots away for a bit.