Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Slip Sliding Away

Grey Elephant--Tuesday, 2/16/16

From a post on styling grey trousers, I liked the look of a teal top with light grey bottoms.

From caphillstyle.com

I kept my color palette a little simpler than her lovely teal + aqua + magenta combination.  Grey and teal and more grey and a slightly different grey.


Light grey pencil skirt (JCP), $4.51/wear
Teal top with ruffle neckline (thrifted, Macy's), $1.33/wear+
Thick grey foldover cardigan (thrifted, JCP). $0.83/wear+
Grey tights
Grey ankle boots by Seychelles, $9.33/wear
Elephant pendant (JCP), $4.80/wear

Outfit total: $20.80/wear

And I topped it off with my elephant pendant.  I don't think the blogger will mind--she's a Republican.


In other news...Tam sent this video from Hamilton at the Grammy Awards.  Nice!  (Note: I had to watch it in Chrome; it didn't work in Firefox.)

She also sent this very amusing article about reactions of West Texas quail to the recent death of hunter/justice Antonin Scalia.

This morning our parking lot at work was the black ice of death.  It took me three tries to get out of my car because despite wearing snow boots with decent traction, my foot kept slipping away from me.  I felt like I was walking to the building like a 95 year old woman but I did manage to keep from falling on my ass.  I got on the elevator with a woman who was immediately, Wow it's really slippery out there this morning.  I guess exchanging slippery parking lot commentary in the elevator beats exchanging face freezing off in the parking lot commentary, but damn 33 degrees F is a dangerous temperature.  After work, the parking lot was clear and dry.

I had a pretty good/easy day back to work today and I'm feeling quite a bit better than I did when I woke up this morning.   I kind of like this Monday-is-Tuesday thing.

6 comments:

rvman said...

What, no comments from Dan Quayle? I guess that last one might have been him.

Sally said...

I guess they only quoted the more articulate quail.

Jen M. said...

Cute outfit! Nice pose too :)

Sally said...

Thanks! Working on my America's next headless model audition? :)

mom said...

I really like the skirt. It looks fab on you.

Sally said...

Thanks, Mom! I'm a big fan of these Worthington brand pencil skirts from JCP.