Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Feeling Blue

With Cool Boots--Wednesday, 2/3/16

Reverse Inspiration time!  I love this outfit from Carylee, one of the masters of the flat lay.  She definitely tuned into the navy + aqua/teal color combination and print mixing of my winter outfit.

From morepiecesofme.com

I was happy to see this shirt at Goodwill in November--I'm a fan of teal and polka dots so when it fit, it was a no-brainer to pick up.  One thing, though: it's made from a slightly thicker cotton fabric (perhaps an oxford fabric) and it wrinkles like a son of a bitch (assuming that sons of bitches wrinkle...which I guess they do when it is the most irritating action available in a given situation). 

I got compliments on my boots from two of my most sharply-dressed colleagues in the HR department today.  I have to agree, they are pretty much awesome.
 


*Teal polka dot button up shirt (thrifted, Target), $5.24/wear+
Navy paisley skirt (thrifted, Target), $1.00/wear
Navy ponte knit blazer (Target), $6.00/wear
Navy tights
Navy ankle boots by Seychelles, $10.00/wear
*Silver/teal peacock pendant (Target), $9.50/wear+

Outfit total: $31.74/wear

So this outfit is brought to you by Target, it seems.  I'm loving this pretty peacock pendant, but I do wish it was just a tad shorter.  Of course, I could make this happen by moving the pendant onto a different chain, but wishing/complaining is a lot easier than finding a new chain so I expect I'll go that route.


In other news...Good news and bad news re: my morning meeting at one of our other sites.  Good news--even though the general meeting starts at 7:30, I don't need to be there until 8:00!  Bad news--I have to drive to this unfamiliar location (about 15 minutes from my apartment), find street parking in the area (note: this is harder than usual because the snow plows have been through to pile snow up in places where people usually park), check in at the front desk, and then find the room in the huge confusing building by 8:00 a.m. 

In Fallout 3, I seem to always be fighting sentry bots these days.  They are pretty bad ass.

Sentry bots are the highest-level robots in Fallout 3; they are extremely durable, possessing as much health as a deathclaw but lack a weak point that could be targeted for additional damage. In fact, their heads are more durable than their torsos, though targeting the head yields a greater chance of a Critical Hit. Like other robots, sentry bots are equipped with a combat inhibitor, and will frenzy if the inhibitor is disabled. Exploiting this weakness can be helpful in dispatching other enemies, since sentry bots are among the most powerful foes in the game. Although they are quite fast, they have a slow turning rate, which can be used to the player's advantage. 

Sentry bots are among the toughest enemies in the game, and present a serious threat to any low level player unlucky enough to encounter one. It is not uncommon to find sentry bots roaming the Capital Wasteland in groups of two or three at higher levels. These robots are mobile fortresses; their high level of health and lethality makes them the preeminent fighting machines of the Capital wastes. 

The only good thing about them?  They're not as tough as the sentry bots in Fallout 4.

No comments: