Thursday, February 11, 2016

Underslept

More Double Scarf Action--Thursday, 2/11/16

I am all over this combination of black and white grid/check print on top and red below. 

From styleontarget.com

Only winterized, like you do.


Red knit dress (Kohls), $8.64/wear+
Black and white check zipper jacket (JNY), $9.88/wear
Black leggings
Tall black boots by Fitzwell, $3.09/wear
Black scarf (Target), $1.71/wear
Black cat scarf (Nordstrom), $3.00/wear

Outfit total: $26.32

Now Katie is a die-hard dog partisan (hers is an Australian shepherd mix), but I hope she will forgive me showing my feline adoration with this (in my view) surprisingly non-twee cat print scarf, bulked up with a plain black scarf.  It's two, two, two scarves in one!  Debbie's two scarf challenge is a gift that keeps on giving.


In other news...Looking at possible replacements for my heeled Oxfords, I am really attracted to these sharp, sleek monsters.

From zappos.com

I'm guessing they're probably uncomfortable, but man, I adore the whole pointy-toed futuristic femme fatale vibe.

I thought it was great that #1-3 on this "Five Grammar Rules You Absolutely, Seriously Have to Know" list are commonly confused words from my dad's sixth grade English class's famous commonly confused word sheets.  My dad's ex-students are going to be new hires at a job, sending a co-worker a quick email stating, "You're right.  There is a problem with its functionality."  They're spelling like a boss, and they have a middle school commonly confused word sheet to thank for it.  You're welcome, kiddos!

Meanwhile, I am so ready for a decent night's sleep.  And unlike my sister, I don't have a bundle of adorableness to compensate for my sleepless nights!  However, it's a very good thing I don't have responsibility for a needy, vulnerable little human right now.  I'm not up to it at all.

Is everybody having babies?  Robert's cousin's wife had their baby yesterday--3 weeks early so she's small (6 pounds 6 ounces).  A co-worker in the HR department had her baby this morning--she was induced on Monday so that was a really long labor and a really big baby boy--9 pounds 9 ounces.

1 comment:

Jen M. said...

And I thought 8lbs 12oz was big! Also boo to long induced labors. Hope all the new mamas are doing well.