Saturday, July 18, 2015

Recovery Saturday

Today was a day for sleeping in (until 7:00) and catching up with Netflix.  I watched The Judge, Moonrise Kingdom, and the first few episodes of the 2003 version of The Forsyte Saga

Was it just me or were the two main characters in Moonrise Kingdom obviously some alternate-universe Harry Potter and Hermione Granger?  (Tilda Swinton makes a good "Child Services" Voldemort.)

Mega Puffy--Saturday, 7/18/15

I knew that I wanted to wear my new plaid skirt with a black tank, but I was inspired by this blogger to wear it with a long necklace too.

From puppiesandpretties.com

My entry into the Official Fashion Blogger Club this summer has been blocked by my lack of a Kendra Scott Rayne necklace ($80), so I substituted my nifty owl necklace for it.


*Black tank top (Hanes), $6.00/wear+
*Black/blue/white plaid full skirt (thrifted, Liz Claiborne), $3.00/wear+
Owl necklace (Kohls), $3.15/wear
Black Lifestride flats, $1.95/wear

In case you can't tell, this is a LOT of skirt.  I mean, we're talking petticoats and square dancing levels of volume...and I love it.  I'm ready to promenade around the ring.


In other news...At one point at the national wildlife refuge yesterday, I thought I heard Robert say that he saw a honey badger, a critter that we haven't seen since living in North Carolina (which was mind-boggling at the time)--for the record, I misheard.  So this article about honey badgers and snake venom and a study by a University of Minnesota grad student felt right on point.

No comments: