Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I've Got an Animal Feeling

Watch Yourself, Son--Tuesday, 7/21/15

Focal item: Brown t-shirt knit cardigan

I like the strictness of this Reverse Inspiration version of my outfit.  It's like my ensemble hooked up with a Russian winter service uniform.  It's a sartorial pinata--tough on the outside but a party on the inside.

From women-outfits.com

My outfit definitely has a more slouchy, business casual vibe through and through.  (It even affects my posture, as you can see.  But hey, when you're only working two days in the week, Tuesday is like Friday!) 


*Brown 3/4 sleeve knit cardigan (thrifted, Rafaella), $5.00/wear+
Brown leopard dress (Lands End), $10.00/wear+
Brown flats by Frye, $11.10/wear
Gold tassel necklace (Kohls), $4.00/wear

I might not have any Russian soldier in my look, but with this necklace, I would have a chance of sneaking into a procession of members of the Order of the Thistle.  Think that's a sissy name, a flower?  Thistles are prickly sons of bitches.  I am totally on board with their motto, "Nemo me impune lacessit," Latin for "No one provokes me with impunity."  I look great but fuck with me at your own risk.


My closet continued--I have a rolling wardrobe rack on the left where I hang up blazers/jackets/etc. that don't fit on the right side (and it usually has a couple random things on it too, like the striped top and pants here that I had put aside to wear soon after).  The back wall has pants and skirts.  My shoes are on the rack you can see here, another rack on the floor on the left, and two racks on the floor at the right.


In other news...My parents are in town for the next few days.  Good times.

No comments: