Saturday, July 25, 2015

Arrrr!

Black Ruffles--Saturday, 7/25/15

A straightforward inspiration for wearing a black dress in summer--add bright pink and teal.

From alaplagestyle.com

I chose a pink floral necklace and floral flats (instead of plain teal).  Doesn't get much easier than this.



Black ruffle front dress (thrifted, Target), $2.50/wear+
Black floral flats (Payless), $4.33/wear
Pink floral necklace (Target), $2.21/wear

I'm loving these floral shoes but I'm already wondering whether I will be able to make them work once the cooler weather arrives (winter is, indeed, coming).  With black pants and black socks--would that look strange?


I was happy to get this photo of 3 butterflies on a coneflower at the butterfly garden in the zoo during vacation week.  The two orange/black ones are monarchs, but I don't remember the green/black one's name.


In other news...My parents left this morning to drive down to Iowa for a party, then they're headed home.  It was a short visit but a fun one, despite the fact that we didn't do anything special while they were here.  For example, after a long game of Taboo one night, we were kind of punch drunk, and Robert brought up the existence of the unfortunately-named Pirates Booty snack line.  I think their Pirates Booty Crunchy Treasures is the worst name of the bunch.  Maybe you had to be there, but we laughed until we cried.

2 comments:

mom said...

What a nice photo of the butterflies on the cone flower! You are turning into a good photographer.

Sally said...

Thanks, the butterfly garden made it pretty easy to get close to them. I wish I'd framed the photo better to get the entire flower but still, 3 in one shot! (Is that up there with 6 poached eggs in one pan??)