Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Faintly

Business (Quite) Casual "Suit" Revisited--Tuesday, 5/12/15

I liked the version with the butterfly scarf so well that I decided to eke out one more wear of my black jeans and ponte knit jacket "suit" during this week of cooler weather.

I decided to wear it with a new-to-me burgundy button up shirt that I've had for months (and identified with my clothing spreadsheet as a high-priority item).  This decision caused a "temporal echo" (as Robert has dubbed the results of the strange, mixed-up reverse time influences occurring in our apartment), albeit a faint one this time, for this headless victim of my Reverse Inspirations.

From outfitideas.com

Yay for simplicity and comfort and working at a place where jeans are acceptable.  (Oh, now I see where that whole headless thing is coming from.  Sorry, random Internet stranger!  I think she must be caught up in a vortex of all kinds of weird shit because the way her purse is hanging/protruding stiffly from her hand does not look natural to me.  It's like one of those "walking the invisible dog" leashes gone bad.)


*Burgundy striped button up shirt (thrifted, Kohls)+
Black bootcut jeans (thrifted, NYDJ)+
Black ponte knit blazer (Target)+
Black and burgundy beaded necklace by RB+
Black ankle boots by Sam Edelman

Following the black and red theme, here is a photo of our living room exercise/lounging area.  My comfy chair station is fully equipped (there's a bar of dark chocolate, my cell phone, and a paperback book there--all that's missing is the glass of iced tea I carry with me wherever I go), Robert's sofa is set up for stretching out/napping, and our exercise equipment is properly oriented toward the Distraction Screen of moving images and often silly narratives.  (Lately, we've been watching Doctor Who and Burn Notice as our exercise TV of choice.  I'm liking the whole Burn Notice meets Orange is the New Black thing in the last couple episodes we've seen.)


In other news....I saw in the newspaper today that supposedly employees being laid off by my employer will be notified on May 18.  We'll see what next Monday brings.  Is it just me or is it weird to find this out in the newspaper?

No comments: