Friday, May 1, 2015

The Weekend, It Is

MMMSC Day 25:  Sweater Style--Friday, 5/1/15

I actually found this inspiration photo back when it was still winter and the idea of wearing a cozy wool pullover sweater and tall boots sounded like a great idea.  Winter has passed (right? RIGHT?) but the navy sweater + aqua scarf--I must do it!  OK, I think I can make a version of this outfit that won't have me sweltering by the time I reach my desk.

From kathrineeldridge1.blogspot.com

Substitute a lighter cardigan for the pullover sweater, switch out ankle boots for the knee-high boots, skip the hat (because I'm not wearing a black leather cap to work nohow), and if Bob ain't your uncle, he's your first cousin once removed.  (And he hates it when people call him Bob.  His name is Robert; it says so on his birth certificate.)


Blue/aquacardigan (Coldwater Creek)+
*Grey and cream striped T (Kohls)+
*Aqua scarf (Target)+
Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Target)+
Navy ankle boots by Seychelles+

I think the inspiration photo was a plain grey T and a plain navy cardigan.  I couldn't resist the opportunity to add a little pattern mixing to this ensemble--especially since my scarf was a solid.


Verdict:  Jeans on Friday.  I'm a fan.

Did you/do you celebrate May Day?  I don't mean International Workers' Day, though if you celebrate that by working or not working or pretending to work or whatever, have at it.  I'm talking about maypoles, may baskets, and all that fun stuff.  Did you dance a maypole when you were in school?  Did you leave a may basket on your neighbors' porches?  Unless I'm fabricating the memory, I left may baskets on at least one occasion and we celebrated May Day (though I don't recall whether we had a maypole) in school.  One of my co-workers brought in a cute little basket woven from construction paper and filled with candy that was left on her doorstep this morning by an anonymous neighborhood child.  It's cool that these traditions (if fading) are still alive.

Or are you more of a Star Wars celebrant?



3 comments:

mom said...

When I was a child we always did May Day baskets that we left on our friends front doors and the Maypole Dance at school.

Sally said...

Mom, interesting--it sounds like it is a commoner thing in the Midwest than some other places.

Tam said...

We did a Maypole dance at school one year, but I know nothing of these baskets.