Friday, May 22, 2015

Meow-zers

Double Dose of Cat Print--Friday, 5/22/15

If you can't wear mixed cat prints on casual Friday, when can you?  Well, I'd say any day of the week, but this time, it's on Friday.

My inspiration photo has exactly zero cat print.  But it has denim and green and black.  I can supply my own cat print.

From polyvore.com

Big cats (in this case, leopard) and small kitty cats play nicely...well, not together, but when separated by a large expanse of t-shirt and denim.


Green long-sleeved T (Macy's), $5.49/wear +
Black cat scarf (?), $4.00/wear +
Trouser jeans (thrifted, JCP), $0.71/wear
*Olive leopard ballet flats (Nordstrom Rack), $29.97/wear [they're new, OK!] +

I'm so glad Robert had the idea for us to try Nordstrom Rack for shoes while we were at the Mall that Ate Cincinnati a couple weeks ago.  Not only did he find a comfy pair of black Skechers, which gave me the brilliant inspiration to buy my mom Skechers for Mother's Day (which are apparently working out very well so far), but I found these absolutely perfect shoes.  I had been looking for green ballet flats all day, and even though I did not have any kind of notion of olive green leopard ballet flats, they turned out to be the green ballet flats I was looking for. 


I have surprisingly little cat artwork in my apartment, but this poster with two black cats and one purple cat among the red flowers and foliage is an old favorite (now residing on the bathroom wall above the metal shelving unit with the cute bunny and snake boxes).

The other print is Edvard Munch's Girls on a Jetty, which Robert and I saw at the Kimbell in Fort Worth.  (This is a special piece because Jen, her best friend C.V., and I had traveled back in time to pose for that piece when we were in junior/senior high school.  This is a little known fact.) 


In other news...What would your name be if you were born today? (Via Capitol Hill Style)


And now a three day weekend!  I'm excited.  Not about anything in particular I have planned, but just the idea of sleeping in (you know, past 6:15 a.m.) for an extra day is something to be happy about.

4 comments:

mom said...

My today name would be Ava. Enjoy your 3 day weekend. Dad took off today so he could work on Monday.

Sally said...

Dad will probably get a lot done on Monday if everybody else stays home! Always nice.

My officemate was gone today (flying to New Orleans for her stepdaughter's wedding) but I spent all morning working with another co-worker in my office on a new dashboard, then spent all afternoon continuing to work on it by myself, solving problems and discovering new ones along the way. A long, sometimes frustrating, but interesting and high "need for cognition" kind of day. It's interesting how working with new software you learn that something that is SO FREAKING BASIC in other programs just isn't possible in this one and you wonder WTF the developers were thinking!

Debbie said...

My experience is that the people who design software are rarely the people who use software--they are programmers, not bankers or scientists or whatever. Even when they do use software, it's on fast computers with multiple high-resolution gigantic screens, not the kinds of computers regular people use.

So basically, they are completely clueless. It's really quite amazing how good some software can be.

Sally said...

Let me be clear--this software is AMAZING. Which makes the lack of an obvious and really, really useful feature that is available in inferior programs so surprising.