Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Stripes Is All It Is

Well, Stripes and Tardis Blue--Tuesday, 5/19/15

I liked the idea of wearing a black and white striped top with a cobalt blue skirt.

From happinessatmidlife.com

I liked it even better when I realized that I had a black and white striped top with a cobalt blue part at the top!  I was initially going to wear this with a new cardigan I recently purchased, but the subtle print of the cardigan didn't work with the bold stripes, so I went with a solid black knit blazer to maintain the graphical integrity of the outfit.

I was just now like, Wait, what?  Graphical integrity?  Where did that come from?  Googling...and, oh, yeah, of course.  Maybe I meant graphic integrity?  In any event, let's focus on the vivid stripey goodness of this top untarnished by any other (weak-ass) patterns.


Black ponte knit blazer (Target), $3.12/wear
Cobalt blue skirt (eShakti), $17.50/wear
Black and white striped T with blue top (Macy's), $2.93/wear +
Black/white necklace from Mom, gift +
Black tights (Kohls), $1.39/wear
Black button shoes (thrifted, Franco Sarto), $1.67/wear +

(I decided to retire these shoes today.  They are just ever so slightly too short such that my big toe rubs a bit against the end of the shoe.  These are old enough that even though I've only worn them 3 times since 4/20/13, I have definitely gotten their lifetime cost per wear down to the $1 range, so I feel like they were a good buy.  I'll donate them back so someone who is a true 8 1/2 in a round-toed shoe can take them from here.)

An entire outfit made out of knits is so comfy.  I mean, it's not exactly like wearing pajamas all day.  Well, for one thing, I don't own any knit pajamas.  Do you like knit pajamas?  I like to wear a t-shirt to sleep in but I greatly prefer my pajama pants to be made out of a woven fabric.  I feel like the knit ones get twisted up weird when I sleep.

Have you ever shot an elephant in your pajamas?

Sorry, that's entirely irrelephant to what I was talking about.  I was talking about being comfortable wearing an outfit in knit fabric with stripes whose relative size is directly proportional to how funny Groucho Marx is.


Hence the corner of my living room (behind the exercise bike and treadmill) is a Marx Brothers shrine.  (Duck Soup poster and Groucho cutout from Robert.  Groucho doll from Tam.)
 


In other news...I've had a stomach ache on and off again today.  Grrrr.

No comments: