Friday, May 15, 2015

How Would You Like a Job in the Mint?

What Other Flavor You Got?--Friday, 5/15/15

The creator of this ensemble collage (excuse my French) named it Teacher Teacher.  The teachers I see at work never dress this way, but it would be awesome if they did.  I loved the cool colors.

Although I do not have a shirt sporting the Ruffles that Ate Cincinnati (nor the Ruffles that Cincinnati Ate, though I bet those were tasty), I do have a mint/teal colored top, a NEW grey blazer, a pair of pearl earrings, some jeans, and some grey flats with bows on them.  Let's get to it.

From qtpiekelso.polycore.com

I first tried this with a bright mint button up shirt because I loved the bright shiny color, but I decided I was tired of figuring out how to keep the buttons from gaping and/or the fabric puckering across the front just a bit, so I put it into the Goodwill pile.  Very satisfying.  I had been wanting a grey blazer, and I caught this one at Jones New York for $8.82.  Crazy.  (This blouse looks better when I partially tuck it in, so I did that after seeing the photo.)


*Light grey blazer (JNY)+
Mint shell (Nordstrom)+
Trouser jeans (thrifted, JCP)
Grey leopard flats by Fergilicous+
Big grey ball necklace (Macy's)+

It's good that I'm wearing a short-sleeved top today.  I have a gazillion of them, and they are not 11 months of the year shirts like they were in the south.  I have not had the will to count them and divide by 5 (or 7, if I don't live in rabbits every weekend) to see how plausible it is that I can wear them all before it's cold again.  Maybe I'll be spending next winter channeling my inner Sheldon Cooper again with the short sleeves over long sleeves look.  Or I'll figure out which of these short sleeved shirts I maybe don't like or don't fit into right or don't need or something.


This serene bunny, hanging next to the front door, is the last thing I see every day when I leave for work.  I think he has a cheering-yet-calming effect on me.  For some reason, this rabbit makes me think of Tam.

And as you can see, I do have my tiger tiger burning bright switch plate cover in place.  This predator might seem menacing to some, but the bunny is unconcerned and above it all.


In other news...I recently discovered that Cannon Beach near Portland, Oregon has lots of tame feral bunnies.  Yep, it's added to the vacation list.

Did you recognize the opening quotes from Duck Soup?  If so..."Ah, the boy wins a gold cigar!"

Happy Weekend, everyone! 

1 comment:

Tam said...

Aw, I love that bunny picture, and even more that it reminds you of me!