Friday, May 29, 2015

The Power of Names

Casual Friday in Paisley and Stripes--Friday, 5/29/30

I have another theory as to why our friend Alice is so frequently affected by my outfit choices.  It's got to be her name.  We all know that Alice (of Wonderland fame) is one of my alter egos, so it makes sense that a woman with this name (and a base high probability of pattern mixing) and I would have this kind of connection.

Today she rocks a striped cardigan and a patterned shirt with the two colors from the cardigan (along with pops of color in her bag and pendant that are hers alone).

From happinessatmidlife.com

This time, another style blogger has been caught up in the mix--the petite, preppy powerhouse of Respect the Shoes.  (I don't know her name--maybe it's Alice...or Sally.)  A June's meadow Liberty floral shirt is perfect with a striped blazer and contrasting red accessories.

From respecttheshoes.blogspot.com

My version was slouchier (and wrinklier--after seeing these photos, I ironed the cardigan). 


Green/blue paisley drapeneck top (JNY), $12.50/wear
Cream/teal striped cardigan (Coldwater Creek), $6.00/wear
*Wide leg cuffed jeans (thrifted, Bandolinoblu), $5.00/wear
Hammered silver necklace (JNY), $3.20/wear
Blue pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom), $3.12/wear

Two different prints with the same basic colors...when one of them is stripes, you can't go wrong.  (Well, maybe you can.  I can't.)


This hermit thrush painting brightens up the wall next to the coat closet in our front entry way.  (He hangs across from the swinging bunny.)


In other news...I have had so much fun the last few days at work, developing dashboards with our new tool.  It's been very challenging, sometimes crazy-frustrating, and I've created some awesome, awesome things.  Today at 4:25 p.m. I reached the point where I couldn't do anything else on the set of dashboards I worked on this week (there is still a data issue that I will need for our system analyst to return from her 3 week vacation to help me with the week after next).  So I declared victory and came home.  Next Monday I will start work on another set of dashboards.  Good times, friends.

2 comments:

mom said...

I really like the paisley/stripe combination. What a great color.

Sally said...

Teal can be a tough color to match, but when it works, it looks really good. :)