Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Introducing an Inexpensive Green Sweater

Smoking Leopards, Batman!--Wednesday, 5/20/15

Getting somewhat back to normal May weather with a forecast high of 61 F.  Maybe it's still just cool enough to give my new ($5.22!) pullover sweater from JNY a spin.

Erin shows us that a green sweater and brown pants make a simple, professional combination.

From looplooks.net

Leopard print shoes and a beige topper are also nice additions.

From somevelvetmorningblog.com

Of course in my case, it's gotta be the leopard smoking slippers instead of any kind of spindly heels.  (I know that smoking isn't good for any cat's health regardless of its size (i.e., "big cat" or little cat).  If your cat smokes, check out these resources.) 


*Bright green V-neck pullover sweater (JNY), $5.22/wear +
Brown wide leg pants (thrifted, Nicole), $2.50/wear +
Beige knit blazer (Nordstrom), $8.85/wear [working on it] +
Leopard smoking slippers by Clarks, $2.78/wear 
Tortoiseshell/gold necklace (Macy's), $4.16/wear +

I also added a tortoiseshell/gold statement necklace for a bit of fun.


My sister gave me this Matisse-inspired work, painted with coffee.  I kid you not.


In other news....The latest I've heard on our budget situation is this: Today I was reading an article in the paper about our budget that suggested that some people in the community know what the preliminary budget is (and came to complain to our leadership about it), and I mentioned this to my office mate and asked if she has seen the preliminary budget because I haven't and I'm surprised that other people have.  She told me some things, the relevant point of which was that at a meeting (that I guess I was sick that day and didn't attend), our department head said that she had received our budget numbers for next year and that she wasn't expecting any personnel cuts but that everything else in the budget was going to be tighter.  So!  Sounds unambiguously hopeful to me.  This isn't like take it to the bank certainty but it's a reason for optimism.  Also, man, I sure picked a bad day to be sick.  I would have loved to have heard this weeks ago when everyone else did.

2 comments:

mom said...

I've always liked the coffee picture.

Sally said...

It's a fun piece.