Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Softness

The Softer Side of Elephants--Wednesday, 5/13/15

I really liked this pretty, spring-y combination of a grey "column of color" with a pastel cardigan and patterned scarf.  What a perfect inspiration for wearing my new elephant scarf!

From shethoughtshecould.com

Given my recently re-kindled love of lavender, that was a clear partner for this outfit (plus, lavender + grey = awesome).  I liked her bright ballet flats, but I wanted to keep the focus on the top half of my outfit.


*White elephant scarf (Charming Charlie)+
Grey 5 pocket pants (Rafaella)+
Grey long-sleeved T (Kohls)+
Lavender cardigan (thrifted, Eddie Bauer)
Grey ribbon flats by Lousie et Cie

Isn't this scarf just the absolute right amount of fun?  With the orange protective armor that the elephant is wearing on his face, trunk, and ears, he's got a war elephant thing going here, but the color scheme suggests that he's a kinder, gentler war elephant.  Or maybe he's just protecting himself from the freaking gigantic birds that are dropping those feathers (about a third the elephant's total size) all over the place. 


You know what else is soft?  This White Rabbit made out of clouds in the Alice poster hanging in my bathroom.  (This thing was really inexpensive; like $6 or something.)


In other news...I've had a stomach ache all day and I disapprove!

2 comments:

mom said...

I like the lavender sweater and scarf. You know how I like pastels. The poster is awesome and I can see your reflection it!

Sally said...

The reflection is funny and not entirely inappropriate for the subject matter :)