Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fools Free Zone

Nope, I'm not even going to pretend I wore something outrageous to work today, like a pair of overalls or leggings and a crop top or a Confederate flag belt buckle (god, even the idea of that last one is giving me the heebie-jeebies).  This blog post is just straight up for realz.  Robert loathes April Fools jokes, and though this has not rubbed off on me entirely, it's enough to avoid playing them in my own life.  How do you feel about April Fools jokes and pranks?

However, I do highly recommend Angie's sartorial April Fools post with her insanely (ahem) stylish outfit.  Angie basically fools me every time, at least at first...which goes to show how fine the line between fashionable and crazy really is.  I thought this particular post was framed extremely well.  I kind of want to play with that outfit generator, too.

Holy shit.  So I tried the random outfit generator and look what I got:



A purple/magenta pencil skirt, a black sleeveless top, a black leather moto jacket, black (or charcoal grey?) ankle boots, and a grey purse.  I would totally wear that!  And other than the purse, I have equivalent items I could use to create it.  My outfit was a lot more fortunate than Angie's.

In non-clothing-related April Fools pranks, have you checked out com.google yet?  Enter something into the search box.  Fun!

So on to today's outfit...

Last night, I made a last minute outfit substitution when Robert alerted me that the new forecast for today was a high of 75 degrees and raining.  What?!  75 degrees is getting warm, people, and rain means humidity.  This is like actual spring weather.  I wasn't prepared for that!  (Luckily for me, it's supposed to get back to highs in the 50s by Friday with snow next week...or so they say now.)
So I decided it was time to bring out one of the outfits I had planned for the Pattern Challenge back in February but had to defer when the weather got too cold for them.
Pattern Challenge Day 4: Chevron--Wednesday, 4/1/15

I only have one chevron print item other than the scarf I wore a couple weeks ago (that I can think of)--this T that I bought at Target...well, not this past summer, but perhaps the summer before.  I truly think that I haven't worn it yet--WTF?  Well, I guess this is a good time to do so.


 *Aqua/black chevron print T (Target)
Black travel cardigan (thrifted, Chicos)
Black-on-black striped pants (thrifted, JCP)
Black/lime/purple/aqua silk scarf (thrifted)
Black pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom)

One of the things I like about this outfit is that I can take off the cardigan and it still looks interesting (I mean, come on, that striped scarf + chevron pattern mix is awesome).


This is a case where the sometimes-annoying tendency for T shirts from Target to be super-long comes in handy.  For some reason, I'm enjoying the extra length in this outfit--maybe it's because the cardigan is also long.  And the T-shirt is made from a substantial but thin knit fabric that lends itself to partially tucking in the front without weird bunching or stiffness when I take off the cardigan and the extra length looks a bit funky again.


Verdict: OK, it was actually 80 degrees F when I left work this afternoon.  Snow is on the forecast for Monday, though.  Craziness, I tell you.

Observant readers will note that this post is #1 in the A to Z April blogging challenge: A is for April Fools Free Zone.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

1. I am not observant.

2. I am generally not into April Fools jokes, though I do nvertheless manage to appreciate some of them. Both Robin and I have pointed out something to the other person as an April Fool's joke that the other person had not yet realized. Ugh.

Sally said...

Yesterday at work we were talking about birthdays. I asked a co-worker when her birthday was, and when she said "tomorrow" (i.e., April 2), I had to ask her twice, Seriously, not April Fools?

As someone on FB commented, April 1 is the only day people read the news critically, which is a shame.

mom said...

I don't like April Fool's jokes. I thought I would be the recipient of a spider at work, but my co-workers respected that I really hate spiders. However, it doesn't stop them from doing spider stuff to me on other days. All in good fun - never actual real spiders, just fake spiders and books with gigantic spiders on the cover.

Sally said...

Maybe they knew on April Fools that you'd expect the spiders? At least they weren't like, No, there's no spider on that book....hah hah April Fools there really is a giant hairy spider!

Tam said...

Last year you bought a car just to trick us into thinking you might be playing an April Fools joke. Don't think I'm not onto you!

Sally said...

Tam - Heh yeah, that was a pricey one. Can't do that EVERY year.