Saturday, April 11, 2015

Jen's Cat Dance Company

MMMSC Day 19: Stripes--Friday, 4/10/15

This is one of approximately 8 million photos on Pinterest of a woman wearing a striped pullover sweater with a patterned button up shirt, skinny jeans, and tall boots.  But doesn't she look especially happy about it?

From bowsandsequins.com

Perhaps unfortunately, I got stuck on the idea of wearing a specific floral button up with this broadly striped sweater, even though the relatively short length of the shirt meant the outfit didn't have quite the right casual flair of the untucked shirt peeking out as in the inspiration photo.


Blue/brown striped pullover sweater (thrifted, Tommy Hilfiger)
Blue/brown floral button up shirt (Kohls)
Skinny jeans (JCP)
Tall brown boots by Fitzwell
Blue/silver necklace (JNY)

But come on, look at how these prints go together?  They are perfect.  And the blue of the necklace matches one of the blues of the flowers like they were made for each other.  How could I stand in the way of fate?


On a positive note, the uninterrupted line from the dark blue jeans to the dark brown boots made me feel about 8 feet tall, which was pretty awesome.  The lack of contrasting floral fabric sticking out the bottom probably contributed to this giantess feel.


Verdict:  Seasonally appropriate colors and fabrics? Check.  Legs of a giant?  Check.  Color combinations made in heaven?  Check.  It's clearly outside my norm, but it's a winner.  At least I had the "fall boots worn in spring" thing going to keep me from being completely outside my comfort zone.  I was happy to have the excuse that rain was in the forecast--that somehow makes wearing boots seems a little more reasonable--but of course it didn't actually rain.  That would have been too much.

In other news....I had a very vivid dream that my mom worked nights cleaning office buildings and my sister and I would accompany her to work.  Jen had the idea that she would start a cat dance company because "cats are smarter than people" (their amazing acrobatic qualities were so obvious as to go unstated, I suppose) and would be able to memorize elaborate routines.  So she had smuggled about a dozen cats into the bottom of my mom's cleaning cart (which looked like the ones that maids in hotels use, with that big compartment in the middle for dirty linens) to take with us to the office building, where there was a large amount of space for practice and the huge windows overlooking the night lent a lovely ambiance.  She was very excited about the choreography she had developed and could hardly wait to test it out.  It was kind of nice to have switched to another dream before she let the cats out of the cart--as Robert puts it in the mildest way possible, "Cats aren't very biddable," so I think she would have been disappointed with their willingness to take part in this endeavor.  But it was a dream world--maybe I missed out on the chance to see cats leaping across the space in a beautifully orchestrated fashion. 

A to Z Challenge: J is for Jen's Cat Dance Company

2 comments:

jen said...

Haha! I'm sure it would have looked something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlKYtLlvRlU

Sally said...

Whoa, that was crazy. :)