Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Fashion Feelings

MMMSC Day 14: OOTD--Monday, 4/6/15

OOTD = Outfit of the Day

For my purposes, I decided the "Outfit of the Day" would be "Outfit that fit the annoying exigences of the day."  With cool weather (high 42 F) and rain expected, and a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, I wanted something warm-ish, with weatherproofed boots, but not tights (because I just flat ain't willing to deal with tights at the doctor's office).  For a Monday, I didn't feel 100% comfortable wearing jeans tucked into boots, so I went with the black pants tucked into boots approach (that I have only worn on Fridays up until now, I think, but I'm OK with wearing on a Monday).

I had a lot of "black pants" pins to choose from (though fewer than you might think) but this one looked good for a cool, rainy day.

From aubreyzaruba.com

I first tried it with my short-ish, dark grey cardigan but I didn't love it.  I also tried my grey leopard scarf but couldn't figure out a way to tie it that left the black polka dots showing (it's not quite long enough to double-loop as a faux-finity scarf reliably--or, rather, it is, but the fringed edge causes complications in tying the ends together).  So I switched in a lighter grey cardigan and my coral infinity scarf that I've decided is probably a cheetah print rather than a leopard print.  And took a terrible photograph in the too-dark room.


Black polka dot T (Kohls)
Grey cardigan (thrifted)
Coral cheetah/leopard/whatever infinity scarf (thrifted)
Black ankle pants (thrifted, Eileen Fisher)
Tall black boots by Fitzwell

See, there really are polka dots on this shirt. 


Verdict:  The nurse at the doctor's office said, Oh I love your scarf--I love cheetahs!  So cheetah it is.  I apologize, cheetah, for having called you a leopard all these months.

My feelings re: my impending probable possible, can I just live with possible for a while?, job loss are all over the place. It's going to be a fucking roller coaster around here for a while...and I LOATHE roller coasters.

A to Z Challenge Day 6: F is for Fashion and Feelings

2 comments:

jen said...

Sorry about the job uncertainty. It really sucks, especially when you're happy where you work! I've gotten really sick of roller coasters too. But who doesn't love cheetahs?

Sally said...

Thanks, Jen--it's odd being in a situation where I'm like, No, please don't pay me (a little) to stay home, I just want to come to work!

And cheetahs--YES!