Friday, April 3, 2015

Cognac Cozies Cats

MMMSC Day 16: Leather--Friday, 4/3/15

I don't have any leather jackets.  My purse isn't even leather (I'm still using a black nylon Gap bag I bought on ebay about 15 years ago).  So leather shoes it is.  Can I eke a bit more wear out of my tall cognac boots before it's really quite seriously too warm/ridiculous to wear them?  Well, I guess I can try!  Luckily the forecast for today is a high of 49 F.  And it's the last day of Spring Break so there will probably be about 10 people in my entire building.  (OK, exaggeration--I think in my group of around 20 people, we should have 3-4 in the office.)

This outfit collage looked like a good opportunity to wear my olive waterfall cardigan as well as the boots.



From nicole-sterling.polyvore.com

To make the ensemble more apt, I substituted my green/blue/brown/beige scarf with the warm, cozy autumn feel to it.  What's that you say?  It's spring?  Well, whatever.  It's fall in Australia and that's good enough for me.


*Long olive waterfall cardigan (thrifted, JCP)
White T (Lands End)
Skinny jeans (JCP)
Tall cognac boots by Sam Edelman
Green/blue/brown/cream scarf (Target)

You know the concept of the late adopter?  I am a clear late adapter.  Indeed, apparently "seasonally inappropriate" is becoming a defining aspect of my daily style.  Check in with me again in September if you are interested in seeing how I rock some pastel floral prints.


Verdict:  I thought that..... Oh sorry, I really need to go now, that Christmas tree isn't going to put itself up, and I should double check whether I have enough sparklers for my Independence Day celebration this weekend.  What?  It's going to be that "bunny holiday"?  Ludicrous.  Every day is about celebrating the wonder that is bunnies.  Every. Single. Day.

Reading update:  The last few weeks I have been reading one cozy mystery after another from my mom's (originally, her sister's) stash.  I don't know what's up with that.  I don't consider myself generally a fan of the cozy mystery, though I do read them occasionally and find some of them enjoyable, but I've been all over them recently.  Maybe there's something about their combination of light-hearted silliness and banal implausibility that I'm finding appealing.  And the pets.  My god these amateur sleuths and their companions have a lot of pets!  Now I haven't read one in this batch in which the pets actually solve mysteries, but they are definitely a major part of the stories.  I read two back to back that featured birds--what the hell?  The one I'm reading now has a major terror of a cat who reminds me of (my perhaps-exaggerated characterization of) Robert's mom's killer cat, complete with the vicious Paw Swipe of Doom.  Nobody's even dead yet but the cat is already my prime suspect!

A to Z Challenge Day 3:  C is for Cognac, Cozies, and Cats

2 comments:

mom said...

I love this outfit! Everything goes perfectly with everything else. I don't care if it's not springy enough. We have days that don't feel like spring anyway.

Sally said...

Thanks! Hurrah for timeless outfits :)