Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tipped Tights Ts

MMMSC Day 24:  Color Pop--Wednesday, 4/22/15

There is definitely a thing where women choose a bright, contrasting-colored handbag to provide a pop of color in their outfit.  I get it...but I don't get it.  It's like when I see somebody online showing off a cute outfit that is all about their coat--it looks great, but what happens when you get to work and take off your coat?  Now you're just wearing a dress or pants and a blouse.  Same deal with the handbag.  It makes more sense to me when you're out shopping and wearing your coat/carrying your purse the whole time, but not so much for sitting in your office.

Of course, this is a quite interesting outfit even without the purse.  I liked the idea of using this color palette with a somewhat different pop of bright pink.

From veronabrit.blogspot.com

I think the scarf is a great way to get that pop of pink into the outfit in a more lasting fashion.  Also, check out that tipped blazer!  JNY came through with this puppy for a mere $27.25 (no, I didn't memorize this; I have the receipt right next to me).  I love it!  Oddly, yesterday I saw a link on a blog I read to the plus-size version of this blazer at Macy's on sale for $119.  Muahahaha.

(I also really like these tights that fit magically perfectly.)


Dark teal pencil skirt (JCP)+
Black polka dot top (Kohls)+
*Black tipped blazer (JNY)+
Black tights+
Black ankle boots by Sam Edelman+
Bright pink scarf (Target)+

See, I really am wearing a polka dot top underneath the blazer.  I like that if it gets too warm for the blazer in the afternoon, I've still got the black and white pattern going with the top.  It's the little things, yo.


Verdict: I felt comfortable and subtly bad-ass in this all day.  (Yeah, it's the boots.)

It's true that it's hard to find a T-shirt with writing that isn't stupid/offensive or in French/about France.  What would your self-designed white T with black writing say?  My top of mind choices:  "Happiness is a warm bun" and "DISAPPROVE."  Yep, I've got bunnies on the brain right now because (a) bunnies and (b) a co-worker said in a meeting this morning, "We're like rabbits today hopping from topic to topic and going down every rabbit hole."

A to Z Blogging Challenge Day 20: T is for Tipped Tights Ts

No comments: