Sunday, April 12, 2015

Life Style Challenge Week 6

Life Style Challenge Week 5 Review:

(1)  No bread, no pasta, no rice
(2)  Exercise for 30 minutes, 3 days a week (T, Th, Sat)--25 min cardio, 5 min strength
(3)  Complete doctor and dentist appointments
(4)  Average 3 or fewer Triscuits per day

The only problem with my challenge last week was not getting my strength training in.  Once I get about 20 minutes into watching a TV show, I start losing track of things and it's very easy for me to keep on bicycling/treading until the show is over (or until the full exercise time is up).  That's OK, but this week I want to focus on getting some strength training in, so I'm going to try something a bit different.  Not eating bread/pasta/rice becomes easier every week.  This week I only had Triscuits about 3 times, too.

Life Style Challenge Week 6:

(1)  No bread, no pasta, no rice
(2)  Cardio exercise for 30 minutes, 3 days a week (T, Th, Sat)
(3)  Strength training exercise for 10 minutes, 2 days a week (W, F--or after cardio)
(4)  Average 2 or fewer Triscuits per day
(5)  Pick a new paleo recipe for next week

If I can remember to stop my cardio exercise and switch to strength training for the last 10 minutes of a standard 40 minute TV episode, great.  If not, I can catch it up the next night in a quick, focused strength training session.  After the green-egg sponge monster fiasco, this past week I stuck to tried-and-true recipes.  But it's time to venture into the unknown again.  We'll see if I can pick out something more palatable than last time--that is a really low bar, after all.

Software Engineer Barbie--Saturday, 4/11/15

I've been told that if I want to dress like my brother-in-law, I've got to rock the polo shirt.  Here's one I got at the 88 cent thrift store sale with my mom--a polo shirt in a color scheme that I feel confident Rick doesn't own, but wouldn't his co-workers be surprised if he showed up in this?


*Pink striped polo (thrifted, JCP, 88 cents)
Straight leg jeans (Kohls)
Gold captoe flats by Anne Klein

But what am I saying...it would be career suicide for even a woman in tech to wear such a garment.  Which is too bad because it clearly evokes one of the most smart-ass, bad-ass characters in the Western canon.
 
Trouble with a capital T that rhymes with C that stands for Cheshire Cat

Even Disney couldn't blunt this kitty's claws.  Seriously, you do not fuck with the Cat.  Well, I mean, I guess you could try to fuck with him, but it won't actually happen.

1 comment:

jen said...

You're right, he doesn't have a polo in quite that shade!